home selling questions (1 Viewer)

zeetes

carouser
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
i know there are several posts addressing these, but i don't know if one gives opinions for all.

offered a job in another city, which by luck happens to be where my brother and sister-in-law are moving.

great opportunity. biggest question is, my house is already worth 40k more than purchased. needs a paint job and a little tlc.

1499 sq to paint. is this costly or can it been done within a month by myself, or just not worth it?

very little needed interior. front needs a little 'extra' though already working on it (garden that is).

paint is the most important.

roof less than 4 years old (11/2016), spray foam attic and underneath house (11/2016). ac and most ducts replaced (09/2017). grandmother's suite outsize 400-500 sf. 8' high fences. very desirable neighbourhood near capitol downtown br.

valued 28k more at the time when purchased 01/2017, not including the surge since.

i guess, other than paint, worth it to even address?

Sure...just use up my VIP card for Texas de Brazil and then move

Seriously tho....gratz on the opportunity

if you're good at painting do it yourself. if you're not, pay or itll look bad.

me and my mom painted all of the walls in a house I was moving into in 5 days. this was almost 1700sf. then we painted the bathroom/laundry cabinets, and then paid someone to paint the ceilings and trim/doors after. within 7 days my house had a whole new paint job.

If it isn't messed up bad, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're painting it yourself.

exterior or interior painting?

Like Devildog said, if interior, we did Sherwin Williams Repose Gray, just before we sold our home in 2019. I did some, but hired a friends retired dad to do large parts - cost us about $500 in total ( incl paint) and it not only opens up the home, but gives it crisp, fresh look as well.

Exterior, thats a larger job and will probably run about $2k or so. ( just going off what i hear from my painting clients ) and thats if no siding has to be replaced/repaired.

I'd take the opposite approach. Don't paint the walls. Do whatever minor repairs, but leave the colors as they are (unless there are some crazy colors). Offer the buyer a credit of, say $500 - $1,000 to cover the cost of painting.

Why spend your time and money painting the walls only to have the new owner move in and repaint them whatever colors they want them to be.

I'd take the opposite approach. Don't paint the walls. Do whatever minor repairs, but leave the colors as they are (unless there are some crazy colors). Offer the buyer a credit of, say $500 - $1,000 to cover the cost of painting.

Why spend your time and money painting the walls only to have the new owner move in and repaint them whatever colors they want them to be.

My in laws had their entire house painted. Pulled out carpet and put laminate floors. People bought the house and pulled all the laminate and repainted the walls LOL.

Sure...just use up my VIP card for Texas de Brazil and then move

Seriously tho....gratz on the opportunity
hah it won't be for a months, plus i have to pass government clearance first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom