"Home Team" Netflix Movie Review (1 Viewer)

You let IMDB decide what you like & don't like?

For something I really want to see? No

But if I'm only mildly interested in the first place there's a difference between seeing a 4.5 vs a 9.5 rating

But that said, there's plenty of lower rated movies/shows I enjoyed and plenty of highly rated stuff I didn't get

Last edited:
Having not watched it yet, I'd expect it to only be loosely based on his situation. The comedy will likely be centered around a professional football coach struggling to coach a team of kids, while keeping the themes shallow and light.

I too have not watched, but I bet there are also some heart warming moments between Payton and his son. Where they reconcile after a fight over the fact that Payton often wasn't there for him because he was so busy coaching the Saints and because he divorced him mom. Payton will promise to be there for him more and express how happy he is to have this time to spend with him.

Yeah we all know what kind of movie it is. There is a scene involving projectile vomit being used as a coaching strategy. BUT the real question is does it secretly tell us where he's going next...

:LOL:

Just saw it. The first 2 minutes are amazing. The next 2 minutes are infuriating. I had flashbacks from the faux outrage bountygate coverage.

Then the next 90 minutes was your basic feel good family comedy about a dad trying to repair his relationship with his son.

Had a few funny moments, but if you aren't a Saints fan it is not a must see.

Just saw it. The first 2 minutes are amazing. The next 2 minutes are infuriating. I had flashbacks from the faux outrage bountygate coverage.

Then the next 90 minutes was your basic feel good family comedy about a dad trying to repair his relationship with his son.

Had a few funny moments, but if you aren't a Saints fan it is not a must see.
I think that if you're a Saints fan over the age of 10.. still not a must see lol.

I never thought I'd pass on a movie or show built around the Saints bountygate story.

Heres a much better way to write a story on the topic:

The movie could open with a montage of the teams history, paper bags, losing records, the wedding dress, Katrina. The montage could end with a new coach and team in the wake of the destruction of the hurricane. The championship, the parade.

Then cut into the anonymous player telling league officials that they have evidence the Saints had targeted Warner in Favre on their way to the SuperBowl.

Build the drama and the characters involved from there.

I really enjoyed Uncut Gems, the first Sandler movie Ive watched in forever but I have have no interest in seeing this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom