"Home Team" Netflix Movie Review (1 Viewer)

I may be in the minority, but I don’t think Kevin James is funny. Like, not funny at all.
I’ve never liked his comedy 🎭….I don’t like Adam Sandler really…I wish the movie was made serious, that’s a big chapter in our Saints lifetime.

Just watched it and with the exception of Rob Schneider (He just didn't add anything to the film) and a certain game winning scene I loved it.

It's just a feel good sports film in the vein of Mighty Ducks, formulaic yes but still a lovely film.

Watching Sean Payton in a bad wig telling faux-Payton "we really suck without you" three days after his retirement is a kick in the crotch I didn't need on a Friday afternoon. :mecry:

This. I didn't want to spoil it but since it is spoiled. It's like thanks a lot for leaving when you KNOW we gonna suck without you.

Although many thought Uncut Gems was underrated, I am not among them. I thought Sandler just yelled through most of the movie and I couldn't sympathize with his character.

I do think Kevin James is funny, but when I look at him as Sean Payton, I don't see Sean, I just see Kevin. I just saw the first few minutes so far, but the character's personality is not SP's, it's the usual role that Kevin plays.

I also got my dander up when they portrayed bountygate and never even hinted at the real reason for that scam. I'm hoping that the rest of the movie skewers Goodell. If they do that, I might actually go online and give it an upvote.

I want to say he was good in King of Queens but if im being honest, I only watched that show for Leah Remini....
I never watched it bc I would rather spend my time on doing something better than wanting to fight Kevin James for making it in Hollywood with almost no talent😆

I absolutely use it to help me make a decision on whether to watch a movie or show. Wouldn’t call that letting IMDB decide. 😂

I probably wouldn’t have watched this either way tho, hate sports movies, dislike Sandler and Kevin James.

Just as I use Metacritic for games. It’s worked well for me all these years.
I'm the same way. I'll rarely bother watching a movie if it's less than a 7 on IMDB. I value my time too much to waste it on bad movies. Like you, it's worked well for me all these years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom