Homeless people (1 Viewer)

Depends on the situation too though...

When I was out late night drinking in college, I'd buy them a pack of smokes & some beer.. & listen to their story for a bit.
Now that I have higher standards for myself, I guess I'm harder on them too. I try to give only food/water, hoodies... never cash/change, no cigarettes, no alcohol.. & don't listen to their story

Do I even have to read this thread?

I can just guess.

I used to be homeless. Eating out of garbage cans. Existing on the kindness of strangers.

I'm not going to read this thread to see what kind of pissant tripe any of you had to say. Good or bad.

Yeah, but for the Grace of God, go YOU. And you better believe it.

Right now I am warm, and safe in my brick house, and curled up next to a heater while playing on my laptop. It was not always this way.

Believe it.

Last edited:
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0eipl17WpOo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Actually good stuff - one night it was even half of a filet mignon. Usually it's pasta or pizza.

It makes me SO angry when people talk about other people like they do not even exist.

I better leave this thread.

That is all.

What's wrong with that? One night, I'd left a catered party with loads of bread, luncheon meats, condiments, sushi, and much more that I was going to take to work the next day. There was a guy on the street, where there weren't usually homeless people with a sign that touched me. I waved him over to the car and gave him the entire bag. He was so excited, thanked me repeatedly, blessed me, and took off running into the woods.

Other times when I've left a nice restaurant and had leftovers and offered them to the people hanging out on the street, they look at me as if I'm crazy.

What's wrong with that? One night, I'd left a catered party with loads of bread, luncheon meats, condiments, sushi, and much more that I was going to take to work the next day. There was a guy on the street, where there weren't usually homeless people with a sign that touched me. I waved him over to the car and gave him the entire bag. He was so excited, thanked me repeatedly, blessed me, and took off running into the woods.

Other times when I've left a nice restaurant and had leftovers and offered them to the people hanging out on the street, they look at me as if I'm crazy.

Well I am crazy, darling, and I apologize. I read more into your post than what was there.

You rock. Keep doing what you do.

My bad.

Well I am crazy, darling, and I apologize. I read more into your post than what was there.

You rock. Keep doing what you do.

My bad.

All I meant is that sometimes I give food to someone and they aren't appreciative. Some times I even go out of myself to find someone to give it to and they couldn't care less.

If I see someone who is truly hungry, I've gone and bought them a meal somewhere - even on Canal the last time I was in New Orleans. He asked for two Quarter Pounders, so I got those and fries and a drink for him. He hugged me and said that he didn't think I'd even get the burgers. He looked like he needed a good day.

All I meant is that sometimes I give food to someone and they aren't appreciative. Some times I even go out of myself to find someone to give it to and they couldn't care less.

If I see someone who is truly hungry, I've gone and bought them a meal somewhere - even on Canal the last time I was in New Orleans. He asked for two Quarter Pounders, so I got those and fries and a drink for him. He hugged me and said that he didn't think I'd even get the burgers. He looked like he needed a good day.

There are some very inconsiderate and ugly homeless folks, I will grant you. When I worked boots-on-the-ground with the Rainbow, they always said that when the people start cussing you out as they are standing in line, it's a sign to move on.

But do what you do, and do not expect any thanks. When it happens it just makes it all that much more beautiful. :)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom