Homemade Bar Project (1 Viewer)

Saw the article in POV yesterday on facebook and was like......wait...that's boatsnbeer's bar lol

Great job!

Lol. Yeah, they did a story on it in this months Point of Vue. Awesome that you recognized it.

Thanks for all the complements y'all. I am actually hoping to turn this into a business next year. I plan on building a prototype for my idea before next fall to gauge the interest and see if there is a big enough market for it. Once I begin, I will share the idea here and document the progress.

This is just insane god blessed you with some real talent i congratulate you sir I'm sure your dad would be proud.

Thanks man, I take that about my dad to heart.

I just started my "business" project. It's still in construction phase, so not anything exciting to see yet. I will share here when it's a little further along (2 or 3 months). It's something that'll be focused on football, so it should be pretty popular around here.

How has your bar held up in the harsh conditions of South Louisiana?

Relatively well. The pecky boards on the outside of the walls still look great by and large. There is a crack that developed in the epoxy on a seam in the lowered back bar. This was from the wood expanding and contracting and the epoxy not doing so. There's also a few spots that have sunlight hit them directly that need work. I need to do a few things to touch it up, but if I put in 8-10 hours of work it would look good as new really. I couldn't have expected too much more honestly.

With working on the trailer since last Feb I have really neglected the bar. There have been periods of 2 months or more that I haven't even stepped in it. It probably feels neglected. With the trailer done I will probably put a little focus back on the bar. I planned on extending the roof over the whole deck area to solve most of the sunlight deterioration problems. That may be on the horizon now.

Refreshed for those that have not seen this masterpiece. I thought about this the other day when I saw an outdoor kitchen.

We still lookin' good, BnB?

Just seeing this thread, HOLY crap dude, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Just seeing this thread, HOLY crap dude, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

This times 1000x!

Great piece of art you made there man. I am extremely impressed.

I am looking at doing more woodwork myself.

I have actually built several 'crawfish tables' that look similar. Although I just made them out of nice sheets of plywood, cut two holes for trashcans, put on a bunch of LA themed decals (saints, lsu, abita, etc.) and then used the pour on epoxy to seal the whole thing. I will try to post some pics.

So BNB, did you use the pour on epoxy or did you just put on multiple coats of poly??

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
And here's a link to my wifes photos she took of the bar after completion.

http://jamieheyl.smugmug.com/Other/Wasted-Time

The total labor into it was approximately 350 hours, not including planning and material sourcing. Thus, the name of the bar is "Wasted Time". :covri:

Incredible work, man. That time was surely not wasted.

I'm among those curious about the sealant you've used. I have an old, rotting log along the trail at my place that I'd like to stabilize with epoxy or something.

Wow!!!! Never seen this thread.

Brilliant work.... absolutely brilliant....

I am very jealous, not just at the outside bar, but the fact that my woodworking skills would never be able to complete that masterpiece.

Talked about your work of art the other day....wondering if it's still lookin' sweet all these years later. For the newbies that have not seen this thread, you're welcome!!! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom