Homemade sweet potato pie (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I haven't had a homemade sweet potato pie in 13 years. I have never made one and would like to try for thanksgiving. Does anyone have an awesome recipe and tips for making an amazing tasty pie.

Subscribed...

Love me creamy smooth sweet potato pie. Wife has a friend that sells them this time if the year. Time to send her some money.

Can anyone tell the difference in sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? I sure can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell the difference in sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie? I sure can't.

Yes I can. I'm partial to pumpkin pie but everyone else that I know prefers sweet potato pie. I make both from scratch using whole pumpkin or fresh sweet potatoes. The key for a good sweet potato pie is not to use too much sugar and to blend the mixture in a blender. It makes all the difference in the world.

Yes I can. I'm partial to pumpkin pie but everyone else that I know prefers sweet potato pie. I make both from scratch using whole pumpkin or fresh sweet potatoes. The key for a good sweet potato pie is not to use too much sugar and to blend the mixture in a blender. It makes all the difference in the world.

I've actually never made any. Never was too big into the baking thing. But hey,I won't turn down neither when offered! Haha.

I'm actually going to do one this year replacing sugar with a Splenda blend. As a diabetic (T1D), something like this is a delicacy.

not a big pie eater. But whenever I am asked..
tumblr_ne2aedqYDh1smsmqro3_1280.gif

yes

Me too, I picked up one last night at Walmart and it's just ok but nothing like homemade.

is there really much difference between the pie and the sweet potato casserole? I do love that stuff and have to have it every year. One secret on those that sounds a little crazy but is awesome none the less, is mixing a ripe banana in with the cooked potatoes. Man is that good.

"I'm fealin' freaky and I don't know why
So break me off a piece of that sweet potato pie"

Here's my recipe for pumpkin pie.

1.75 cups of fresh pumpkin puree
0.75 cups of evaporated milk
0.5 cups of Splenda Blend
2 eggs
0.5 teaspoon of ginger
0.5 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of self-rising flour
0.5 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 deep dish pie crust or graham cracker crust

Mix all the ingredients in a ninja or regular blender for about 2-3 minutes. Pour into your pie shell or crust and give it a spin to even it out. Bake in a preheated oven on 350 for 30-45 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes then place in refrigerator (I like mine cold). Serve with a scoop of whipped cream.

Sweet potato is made the same way. Mixing it in a blender gives it a mousse-like texture. Enjoy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom