Honest Teddy question. (1 Viewer)

@ Bears- 281 yds, 0 ints, 100.9

@ Jaguars- 240 yds, 0 ints, 94.7

vs. Bucs- 314 yds, 1 ints, 131.3

vs. Cowboys- 193 yds, 0 tds, 1 ints, 78.9

@ Seahawks- 177 yds, 2tds, 0 ints, 112.7

@ Rams- 165 yds, 0 tds, 0 ints, 72.2

All but one of those teams were pretty bad this season. He did his job tho.

70 CMP%, 9 TDs, just 2 INTs, and 5 wins stand out more than the yardage with Payton's conservative run oriented play calling. He out threw Winston in that Bucs game when we opened things up a bit more, led several timely scoring drives on the stout Bears D and the Seahawks, made some nice throws down the field. A lot of teams out there would take those results. I don't hear the Titans fans complaining about Tannehill right now and he hasn't even hit 100 yards in either of their wins.

70 CMP%, 9 TDs, just 2 INTs, and 5 wins stand out more than the yardage with Payton's conservative run oriented play calling. He out threw Winston in that Bucs game when we opened things up a bit more, led several timely scoring drives on the stout Bears D and the Seahawks, made some nice throws down the field. A lot of teams out there would take those results. I don't hear the Titans fans complaining about Tannehill right now and he hasn't even hit 100 yards in either of their wins.
I hear ya, but you can't compare Tannehill's stats during the season to Teddy's because its not even close tbh.

I like Bridgewater. I just think our best chance in the Vikings game would have been Taysom without a doubt.
If the o-line is rolling, then it's Drew 100%.

I don’t think that’s necessarily the offense Payton would have run if Drew had gone on IR.

That period was all about making sure the team was in a good position when Drew came back.

I think he would have opened up the playbook a bit more if it was Teddy’s team for the rest of the season and who knows how that might have played out.

We had the same install with Teddy in as with Drew. Drew audibles alot with his understanding and command of this offense. Im on the side we won inspite of Teddy and not because of Teddy. The whole team rallied behind him and stepped up there play. The margin for error was much lower with Teddy at QB. Our D and ST was outstanding that stretch. Harris with a big return would get us a FG. Lutz was money. Now Teddy was showing more confidence in the Bears and Seahawks game but we were very noticeably a much more limited team. Heck with Drew we always still had a chance to win even when the team came out Flat. Vikings game had a chance to win. Titans we got down early by muktiple scores and came back and won comfortably. Drew stunk it up the Falcons game. I think he was wrong on alot of audibles. Whole team was lack luster effort. That was a celebratory week for Payton with his fiancee. Im thinking we just rolled last weeks game plan in with some tweeks. Vikings game man Zimmers game plan was better then Paytons. And that happens. Zimmer is a excellent coach Didnt game plan for talent like we should have with there rushers. Didnt make adjustments. Was expecting to win those matchups. All that and still had a chance to win.

8 out of 10 times we beat the Vikings
19 out of 20 times we beat the Falcons
5 out of 10 times we beat the 9ers

We rolled snake eyes
It happens
Sometimes statistical aberrations seem like the work of a divine hand
But only to those who don’t really understand chance and statistics

Everyone is talking off of feelings and sentiments to answer that question which isn't necessary because the situation is quite scientific. as it played out the Saints were the #3 seed and the Eagles #4. Eagles went 9-7, Saints went 13-3. depending on tiebreaker or not, Teddy could've lost 3-4 more games than Brees did and we still would've ended up the #3 seed. Considering the schedule after Teddy's road game win over the Bears was a cake walk. I have ZERO doubt, the Saints would still have secured the #3 seed.

Then the question becomes would Teddy have also lost against the Vikings at home. This will be a bit more subjective, but as a guy good with the ball, a guy quite familiar with the Vikings players and Zimmer's defensive scheme, and since he did well against them in the preseason and the fact this game came down to a few turnovers and OT. I lean towards Teddy beating his old team. Would the Saints have finished 13-3 against all those creme puff teams we faced in the second half of the year I don't know? Maybe we finish 10-6? 11-5. But remember we would still end up in the #3 spot, hosting the Vikings in the Wild Card round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom