Honestly, it was a really underrated defensive/special team showcase that helped a rusty offense. (1 Viewer)

Defense and Special teams carried this one. We will take the W and be happy...Brees and Payton looked worse than the Min game and they are still playing a very short field , we are redefining dinking and dunking, defenses not respecting the pass and pinning their ears back penetrating every play inside and out on the line, 94 yards passing going into 4th and missed passes all over the field for Brees, Payton's calls were cute and predictable , many losses behind the line..have improve here going forward we will not always have blocked field goals and pic 6's to bail us out

The offense for both teams looked like a preseason game, which honestly is what I expected. There were very nice signs, though. They will get more in sync.

But if anyone still wants to gripe about Drew's arm strength, they need to check out the 46 yard pass to Cook on the first TD drive, 40+ yards of which was in the air.

Agreed. I don't know that we were fully prepared for Tampa's defense. They will be a much more challenging matchup when we face them again in Florida.

Defense and Special teams carried this one. We will take the W and be happy...Brees and Payton looked worse than the Min game and they are still playing a very short field , we are redefining dinking and dunking, defenses not respecting the pass and pinning their ears back penetrating every play inside and out on the line, 94 yards passing going into 4th and missed passes all over the field for Brees, Payton's calls were cute and predictable , many losses behind the line..have improve here going forward we will not always have blocked field goals and pic 6's to bail us out

The Bucs d played really good.

The offense for both teams looked like a preseason game, which honestly is what I expected. There were very nice signs, though. They will get more in sync.

But if anyone still wants to gripe about Drew's arm strength, they need to check out the 46 yard pass to Cook on the first TD drive, 40+ yards of which was in the air.

I looked at the replay a few time and did some calculations, the pass from Brees, when you figure out the launch spot, catch spot and the yard-lines, that pass traveled 48 yards in the air.

Launch spot, hash mark 32 yard line, catch spot about 2 yards from sideline and at the 26 yard line. Brees launched it just about 48 yards from where Cook actually caught the ball.

That is 48 yards in the air. Old man can still throw.

Brees was off target at times and the o-line killed some drives just being dysfunctional. Pretty much the same issue as Minnesota. Not going to dwell on it.

The defense held up their end minus some killer penalties. Special teams were special.

I thought the Oline played poorly, especially the interior. Peat looks overpaid.

And the playcalling and scheme on O are just bad. As others said the opponents D is teeing off due to lack of any downfield passing game. The pass to Cook seemed to show Brees can still do it. So why are we not?

D was pretty good outside of the DPIs, which were very tiki tacky. Would have liked to see more pressure on the QB. Where was Granderson, didn’t notice him...with Davenport out I thought he’d be more involved.

ST was great.

I thought the Oline played poorly, especially the interior. Peat looks overpaid.

And the playcalling and scheme on O are just bad. As others said the opponents D is teeing off due to lack of any downfield passing game. The pass to Cook seemed to show Brees can still do it. So why are we not?

D was pretty good outside of the DPIs, which were very tiki tacky. Would have liked to see more pressure on the QB. Where was Granderson, didn’t notice him...with Davenport out I thought he’d be more involved.

ST was great.

Granderson is the one that caused the Brady fumble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom