Honey Badger makes another bonehead move: "First Round Draft Party in NY" (1 Viewer)

The party is just another reason to smoke again :rasta:

It's all about attention with this guy. He just wants to be celebrated. I'm not sure football is his top priority.

So the only thing I see he may have wrong is what round he goes in. Yeah he could have left off the first round thing but I don't see much else wrong with what he is doing. I hope he gets the last laugh ont his think and expect by tomorrow he will be the property of some NFL team. How many on this board (or this SI article) can say that? Zero.

Party has already been canceled...

Yeah, but that the idea to throw that type of party ever entered his mind, when he's trying (supposedly) to do damage control on his character issues, is just beyond comprehension. Of course you should have a draft party, but he should have made it clear that it would be a low key affair at home with family and friends. This is all right in line with his character. I wasn't very impressed with the substance and style of his apology and explanation after his suspension etc.

And the plan went like this:

First round draft pick party
Correction...Just a draft pick party
Correction.....No party

Yeah, but that the idea to throw that type of party ever entered his mind, when he's trying (supposedly) to do damage control on his character issues, is just beyond comprehension. Of course you should have a draft party, but he should have made it clear that it would be a low key affair at home with family and friends. This is all right in line with his character. I wasn't very impressed with the substance and style of his apology and explanation.

And the plan went like this:

First round draft pick party
Correction...Just a draft pick party
Correction.....No party

Exactly! The only attention he should care should be from his play on the field. I have no problem with him throwing a party but I personally would lay low if my character was in question.

I doubt he made the flyer. A promoter probably came up with that.

So the only thing I see he may have wrong is what round he goes in. Yeah he could have left off the first round thing but I don't see much else wrong with what he is doing. I hope he gets the last laugh ont his think and expect by tomorrow he will be the property of some NFL team. How many on this board (or this SI article) can say that? Zero.

When you've had drug problems, got kicked off your team, had to go to rehab, got arrested in October, and now want to project that you've cleaned up your act you don't go out and throw a night club party the first night of the draft.

Maybe it's not fair for people to judge him off a party but life isn't fair. Perception isn't fair. When you are trying to rehab your character image and project that you've put the temptations of that lifestyle behind you it's not a smart move.

How is this news and what is it doing on a Saints board?

There are several threads devoted to the positives/negatives of individual players available to the Saints in the NFL draft. This is one of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom