Honey Badger makes another bonehead move: "First Round Draft Party in NY" (2 Viewers)

How is this news and what is it doing on a Saints board?

There are several threads devoted to the positives/negatives of individual players available to the Saints in the NFL draft. This is one of them.

How is this news and what is it doing on a Saints board?
There are several threads devoted to the positives/negatives of individual players available to the Saints in the NFL draft. This is one of them.

Yeah, but that the idea to throw that type of party ever entered his mind, when he's trying (supposedly) to do damage control on his character issues, is just beyond comprehension. Of course you should have a draft party, but he should have made it clear that it would be a low key affair at home with family and friends. This is all right in line with his character. I wasn't very impressed with the substance and style of his apology and explanation after his suspension etc.

And the plan went like this:

First round draft pick party
Correction...Just a draft pick party
Correction.....No party

He didn't throw the party. Most players that have their names on flyer aren't the ones throwing the party. They're used an "endorsement" of sorts to get people to show up. He would've shown up for a few minutes and probably left.

I'm not defending him, because it wasn't in his best interest to put his name to something like that. But he wasn't throwing that party.

He didn't throw the party. Most players that have their names on flyer aren't the ones throwing the party. They're used an "endorsement" of sorts to get people to show up. He would've shown up for a few minutes and probably left.

I'm not defending him, because it wasn't in his best interest to put his name to something like that. But he wasn't throwing that party.

He advertised it thru his personal twitter acct

Well ive been a supporter of him since the whole smoking weed thing and I can say this was not a smart move. I guess you have to take baby steps at least he wasn't busted for smokin again

Probably part of the agreement to get paid for endorsing the party. He still didn't throw the party.

C'mon dude. You want to draft a guy who is naive enough and desperate enough for $ that he endorses a party and gives up his twitter account without considering the public perception and obvious potential for blowing up in his face?

If we draft a Tiger, it better be Mingo or Reid, or maybe even Minter.

So the only thing I see he may have wrong is what round he goes in. Yeah he could have left off the first round thing but I don't see much else wrong with what he is doing. I hope he gets the last laugh ont his think and expect by tomorrow he will be the property of some NFL team. How many on this board (or this SI article) can say that? Zero.

Sorry. I wish the best for the guy, but he keeps sending the wrong messages. He's a PR nightmare and good, strong PR is critical to him right now. He simply doesn't get it.

He personally promoted the party on his twitter three times telling people to come so it comes across as more then just "you can use my name." Perception = more important then the technicalities of who actually threw the party.

The fact that he cancelled it shows it was a dumb move and he had enough sway to say it's off.

NB4 this thread gets locked down! By the way, lotta people on their high moral horse this morning!

The fact that he cancelled it shows it was a dumb move and he had enough sway to say it's off.

I agree with this. He completely should have thought better of it, and it shows that he still isn't surrounding himself with all the right people.

I just really believe that he didn't go out of his way to set up and throw a party.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom