'Honey Badger' to visit with Patriots (1 Viewer)

And others.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu has visits set up with the Vikings, Bucs, Patriots, 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, Bengals, Texans, Seahawks &amp; Falcons</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/317716639183413250">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know I'm an LSU homer...but I want the honey badger in black and gold

I could definitely see Mathieu as a Earl Thomas type of FS ballhawk. He would also be an electric return man like a Devin Hester. I wouldn't mind drafting the guy.

He seems like the kind of player for whom the situation will really matter. With the right coaching/organization, he could be a pro-bowl returner and playmaker in the secondary. If he goes to a dysfunctional team, he could be out of the league in three years.

If I were his agent, I'd be hoping much more for Pats or 49ers than for Cards or Bengals.

I want him here in black and gold! E would be a perfect fit! I saw forget the pats or niners and come home to the saints! I would pick him in the second if we ever get our pick back. If not he will be gone by our pick in the third! The guy is a hell of a football player who cares about the other stuff big deal the college kid smoked some pot...! NBD he would instantly produce for our defense and give us a crazy good return game and take some pressure off sproles on punt return!

He could be a very very special player as long as he keeps his head right and stays out of trouble.

Good Luck Badger! There's no reason for him to visit the Saints... they know everything they need to know about him.

Yep^

Im sure our scouts know everything there is to know about every LSU prospect.

All of the character issue guys go on these visits. That 15 minute interview at the combine really isn't enough to predict what kind of things a guy will or won't smoke when he's making a six or seven-figure salary.

He should be alright though, if he really has gotten clean and stayed that way. The only place I would be worried about him would be in New Orleans. How would he behave around his old crew with all of that money? ...then again, I've never met the guy.

Pats sound like a great fit for him. Veteran team that will steer him right, keep him out of the Dirty South. Plus I'd rather him be returning punts in the AFC ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom