Hope Solo gets punished... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Suspended from USWNT for 6 months and her national team contract terminated, can still play w/ her club team though...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">US Soccer has also terminated Hope Solo&#39;s national team contract.</p>&mdash; Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/768600916278833154">August 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">US Soccer has suspended Hope Solo 6 months for &quot;conduct that is counter to the organization&#39;s principles&quot; following her Olympic comments.</p>&mdash; Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/768593171697823744">August 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hope Solo can still play for her club team, NWSL&#39;s Seattle Reign, during her suspension.</p>&mdash; Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/768596300044636160">August 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

fine. Now what about the Wookiee?

b1injxciyaamoi9-157000.jpg

I wonder about women like Solo, Andrews, etc. who had nude photos leaked to the masses. I wonder how that changes them from who they were before that mess. It's a shame.

As for Solo and her soccer career, her remarks were those of a chump. They were uncalled for, and classless, but those words aren't what is cutting her time with USWNT. She is older now, not as good, and there is Ashlyn Harris waiting to take her place, and Harris is much more marketable. This is USWNT taking the old family up state to stay on a farm.

I love Solo. She's undoubtably the best goalie in female soccer. That passion she brings is what keeps her at that level. She has been through hell growing up, and has certainly done nothing to temper it on or off the field. That being said, the US team is going to miss her. Yes, her physical skills may be waning, but her intelligence, and her ability to get players in the right positions to defend is as good as it gets, male or female.

As far as being uncalled for and classless, that's just her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder about women like Solo, Andrews, etc. who had nude photos leaked to the masses. I wonder how that changes them from who they were before that mess. It's a shame.

As for Solo and her soccer career, her remarks were those of a chump. They were uncalled for, and classless, but those words aren't what is cutting her time with USWNT. She is older now, not as good, and there is Ashlyn Harris waiting to take her place, and Harris is much more marketable. This is USWNT taking the old family up state to stay on a farm.

Solo was nuts way before the pics.

I don't pay much attention to Soccer, much less women's soccer. I didn't watch any soccer during the Olympics. Can someone enlighten me why she called the Sweden team Cowards?

Meh. While this may be the last straw for Solo in the long run, the suspension is pointless. It's like suspending a starting pitcher for 4 games. Nothing of note missed. Just some free time (and in this case, she still gets paid by US Soccer to play non-international games).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom