Hope the offseason brings us some DB's. (1 Viewer)

We're over analyzing here. It's really pretty simple - stop the turnovers and we probably beat the Ravens, Steelers and Bengals. Three pretty good teams. Doesn't matter if we're balanced or not - we don't turn the ball over we win. And yes Brees has been "untouchable" on the board,,,and you have to love the guy for how he has played and what he has done in the communitiy. But today he made a lot of incredible throws, but he also made a few really bad decisions on the interceptions. I imagine he will be the first to admit it. But I am so THANKFUL we were able to get him and really believe he will lead us to a Superbowl. I think MM is playing well, just not making interceptions. Fred Thomas was absolutely horrible today. CJ may be an All-Pro but FT looked like a mediocre high school player. We definetly need to be ultra agressive going after Clements if he hits the market in the off-season. Bottom line, we get focused on stopping the turnovers and we still have a very good chance of winning the division and getting in the playoffs

Well guys we can enjoy being tied or 1/2 game out of first place in the division for one more week and then we can start getting ready for the offseason, I just realized that I still don't have to eat Crow again this week. Next week Atlanta is coming off of a 3 game losing streak and you know what that means, another Saints loss. Hey it was still fun and we can still look for highlight plays each week. What happened to Colston? Is it an ankle sprain or a knee? Oh BTW Fred Thomas and Jason Craft are done.

Good teams with character step up and win when their backs are against the wall. Pittsburgh is, and did. I'm supprised about Cincy. I figured they'd fold like a cheap suit because of their lack of character.

I predict 4 things. Cincy will fold before years end. At least one Cincy palyer will be arrested before they play again. Atlanta, for the same reasons, will fold and we will win next week. And the Saints may not be as talented as any of these teams, but they will not quit and will stay in the playoff hunt until the bitter end.

My question is: is McKenzie our #1 or not?

If he's our #1 then he has to be on chad all game. why wasn't he?

^I've said before, #1 WR don't necessary lined up against best cover guy, they get their yards against the best mismatch. It is very difficult for corners to swap fields. It is rarely done nowadays. Something to do with corners being so used to seeing the field from one angle, switching would be like learning a new position. I've seldomly seen this done on any NFL team except Denver with Bailey. Even with Bailey, they seldomly do this. If Fred would have played better against Chad, they would have adjusted, and pick on someone else. MM. Another nickel corner. A dime corner. A safety. A linebacker. A productive offense will find a mismatch, and they'll get their yards. The best a defense can do is roll more coverage and/or bring more heat.

I don't know all the technical stuff, but it seems like we are doing something wrong in our coverage beyond poor play of a cb.

My question is: is McKenzie our #1 or not?

If he's our #1 then he has to be on chad all game. why wasn't he?

It was our defensive play calling. They put CJ over by Thomas ALOT of plays. If you told me before the game that Fred Thomas was going to guard Chad Johnson for the majority of the plays, I would say we would lose.

I can't say whether it's MM being really good or Fred being really bad. All I can say is that I haven't seen a receiver catch more than 3 receptions against MM in the last 5 games. Whether thats because Fred sucks that much or because MM has gone on lockdown i don't know. All I do know is we need 2 corners. One opposite McKenzie and 1 as a nickle. Fred is getting payed way to much to get burnt ever week and I hope we cut him in the offseason. Hate to be so cold to a player thats been with the Saints for so long, but he just isn't cutting it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom