Hope we don't wait til the second half to insert LM (Latavius Murray-Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

They do use him. They use him as a change of pace guy and a guy that gives Kamara a break. It's the perfect role for him. And he's 30 years old. He probably can't handle the punishment of many more touches per game than he is already getting.
I think last year's starts (esp against Arizona) prove otherwise.

No one is saying feed Murray 30 touches and make Kamara the change-of-pace guy. I think what's being proposed is just going run-heavy while Hill starts -- and thus mixing in Murray some more than normal.

WOW, who's AK<, SP, MT, are you new here:unsure:

Do you ask the hundreds of other posters that refer to players in that fashion, if they are lazy???
Actually you’re correct. Everyone here uses known abbreviations for well known players. SP= Sean Payton, DB= Drew Brees, MT= Michael Thomas, AK= Alvin Kamara and so forth. Either it’s their first day or they don’t pay attention very well. Anyone who disagrees can just look at any other thread here and they will see these used throughout

Actually you’re correct. Everyone here uses known abbreviations for well known players. SP= Sean Payton, DB= Drew Brees, MT= Michael Thomas, AK= Alvin Kamara and so forth. Either it’s their first day or they don’t pay attention very well. Anyone who disagrees can just look at any other thread here and they will see these used throughout
thank you(y)

With Taysom making his first career start at QB, and the Failclowns not knowing what to expect... this would be the perfect time to unveil/unleash a secret weapon that no NFL team has ever seen... Tony Jones Jr.

There is no tape that exists that of TJJ in the Saints offense! 🤔

Murray has been a bellcow before, 2015 in Oakland when he also made the AFC Pro Bowl team. After that, he started 23 games over the next two seasons, including 11 in 2017 with Minnesota after rookie Dalvin Cook went down.

I never said he was an elite, or necessarily even a top-10 bellcow running back. But I do think he's been an above-replacement-level running back his entire career.

Then I don't think we disagree. I think he is a good back, and maybe in another system that didn't ask so much of the RB in the passing game and that didn't have a generational talent ahead of him, maybe he's the starter. But I just don't think the key to our offense is to get the ball the Murray more. Especially when Hill is starting at QB and he is the same kind of power runner that Murray is.

That being said, I do like using Murray late in games when teams are tired since that's when defenses try to arm tackle and his speed and power can turn into a big gain. And, I think he is a nice luxury to have in the event of Kamara being out. I just can't see taking touches away for Kamara, Mike Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Taysom Hill, or Deonte Harris to get more touches for Murray.

I think last year's starts (esp against Arizona) prove otherwise.

No one is saying feed Murray 30 touches and make Kamara the change-of-pace guy. I think what's being proposed is just going run-heavy while Hill starts -- and thus mixing in Murray some more than normal.

He was a year younger last year and he only did that for a few games. Plus, age 30 is usually the point that RBs start to go downhill fast.

I just don't see the advantage in getting Murray more carries in the offense when Hill is the same kind of power runner that Murray is. I'd much rather see them use Hill as the power guy and then use the short passing game to get the ball in the hands of Kamara, Mike Thomas, Sanders, and Deonte Harris. Murray seems to be a perfect fit to be a guy that gets 8 to 10 carries per game. Some power backs can't do that because they need to get in rhythm. Murray doesn't seem to have that issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom