Hope we don't wait til the second half to insert LM (Latavius Murray-Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

Murray had a great game, especially in the second half vs Atlanta.

I think you're underselling Murray a lot. He's got the athleticism and talent to be a legit NFL bellcow back -- and at the same time, he's got the humility to accept his role on the team and to be willing to serve the greater mission of winning games.

I was one of those that thought it was a big mistake to let Ingram walk. I didn't think LM would have nearly the same impact....while I don't think he gets quite as many touches as Ingram did....I was wrong, the guy is a really good back and I do sometimes think he should be used more especially as a receiver out of the backfield.

And as you state he just does whatever the team asks....

Murray has been criminally under-utilised by this team since we acquired him. Throughout the course of last year I watched as he was overlooked time and again in favour of a gimpy Alvin Kamara (though none of us knew how badly injured AK41 was), while Ingram was absolutely dominating for the Ravens. We saw glimpses (e.g. the game v the Bears) but he rarely had a proper opportunity to find a rhythm.

Moreover, even though Murray’s usage remains lean, he would appear likely to get more looks with Hill at QB. And Ingram appears to have hit a wall this season which can happen to backs over the age of 30. As much as MI22 will always be a favourite of mine and the circumstances around his departure were clearly avoidable, I am
starting to feel more comfortable with how that post-2018 off-season played out. I just wish Payton tried to find a more expansive role in the offence more often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom