Hopefully the Saints aren't sending anyone to the Pro Bowl (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
...because that would mean we're in the Superbowl!

Anyone heard of this? I just found out the Pro Bowl will be held on the weekend before the Superbowl this year, in the same stadium as the SB and neither Superbowl contender will contribute any players. So if we're going the SB, then no Saints can go to the Pro Bowl.

This will probably be the most watched Pro Bowl ever (since most people probably forget all about football after the Superbowl). It's going back to Hawaii after this year, but I bet they'll keep the date one week before rather than after the SB.

I don't care about the Pro Bowl anyhow. I hate the term "Probowl Player".

Too bad they didn't do that during the Cowboy heyday with Emmitt. You know he would have played in it before the Superbowl to go for Pro Bowl yardage stats and gotten hurt (as he did in the 2nd to last game against us in 1994).

How are they going to handle contract incentives for pro bowl appearances? Will they be named and not play? Speaking of those incentives... I hate'em because it's an incentive for agents to put free agents in big markets where they will get more pro bowl attention. It's also a problem that Texas and Florida don't have state income taxes making them more appealing to FA.

...because that would mean we're in the Superbowl!

Anyone heard of this? I just found out the Pro Bowl will be held on the weekend before the Superbowl this year, in the same stadium as the SB and neither Superbowl contender will contribute any players. So if we're going the SB, then no Saints can go to the Pro Bowl.

Link?

The Pro Bowl hasn't meant much the last few years. It's more a popularity contest/name recognition thing than based on actual performance. Players like Jahri Evans don't even get nominated because they don't play for a large market team. The ultimate was a couple of years when the "one and done" Cowboys sent nearly their entire mediocre OL to the Pro Bowl. The good news is a Pro Bowl selection tends to add $$$ to contract demands. This something the Saints FO haven't had to worry about......

Related Google fun: try French Military Victories and click "I'm Feeling Lucky."

After Brees' elbow injury in the 2006 Pro Bowl it won't bother me one bit if the Saints are ignored again (but I think it's going to be hard to ignore them this year).

If we lose in the playoffs and a bunch of Saints are playing, I guess I'll watch the PB. But I doubt it (doubt the Saints will lose in the playoffs that is).

Oh yeah, I'm kind of a practical person so I figured they wouldn't pick anyone from the Superbowl teams since they can't go... but they probably pick before that anyway.

Well, in that case hopefully we get a bunch picked but no one goes :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom