Hopefully we won't sign anyone tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Inside Saints HQ, there is a concrete vault filled with the latest in technological advancement to assist in sorting through the vast database of NFL and college players. Inside that vault, there is a windowless room away from the staff's conference area. Inside that room is a closet. Inside that closet is a soundproof box. Inside that cramped, but comfortable box, Loomis and Payton sit to discuss their plans for Free Agency and the Draft. They will then write their goals in the form of a riddle which is then locked in a puzzle which can only be opened at the conclusion of a great adventure in which one must face a myriad of challenges and even death. Then their minds are wiped and all notes will be destroyed in an incinerator before either of them leave the box, inside the closet, inside the room, inside the vault.

No one knows what Loomis and Payton are thinking...

I don't know if that post is an original MLU creation, but that is some fine creative writing, right there.

@caplannfl: As @JasonLaCanfora points out, the Chiefs are very interested in QB Chase Daniel. 1 of 6 teams on his trail.

About LSSPAM's original post, I think Loomis is concentrating in-house now, he may send some fillers to some agents saying "we are interested in your player, call us when you are ready".

Now, with everything that happened early we will have even more control of the information. If we hear something about the saints it's either speculation or info that Loomis wants to circulate.

I have been thinking all day about another secretive society meeting today: the conclave. I am wondering what will happen first, to get a pope elected or the saints to sign a free agent. I will bet on the pope this time..

What happens if we don't cut them tomorrow? and thx for filling me in btw.

We are over the cap, so the NFL would void the most recent contracts we signed players to until we get under the cap.

But that will not happen. We have moves we can and will make. Smith will get cut, and probably Vilma too. These guys have been approached by Mickey already, they know what the offers on the table are, they will have until about an hour before the deadline to accept the reduced contracts (which they would have already done if that were the case IMO) or they will be cut and become UFA's and be free to sign to the highest bidder. Both will probably test the market and see what is out there, before they just accept a reduced contract. The door will remain open for them to return when they find out the market is just not there for them.

@LarryHolder: For those who think Smith and Vilma should go, would you want to pay them a combined $7 million in 2013 for nothing? #Saints

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Some first-day free agent signings from recent years: Albert Haynesworth, Bart Scott, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Nnamdi Asomugha, etc.</p>&mdash; Andrew Brandt (@adbrandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/adbrandt/status/311485715395510272">March 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:covri:

@LarryHolder: For those who think Smith and Vilma should go, would you want to pay them a combined $7 million in 2013 for nothing? #Saints
As opposed to what they offer anyway?

You could make the argument that guaranteeing smith a spot on the roster hurts our chances of getting an even marginally productive UDFA on the field who won't actually hurt the team against the run.

Im with the OP. I would love Sean Smith, but this franchise can't afford over paying with our current cap sutuation.

A bad buy now could destroy the dynasty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom