Hopes for 62 (1 Viewer)

Whoever the pick is, I’ll be immediately convinced he’s a future HOFer that we stole out from everybody else’s noses.

I like A.J. Brown the most, but I like Whiteside and Thornhill. I think Brown and Thornhill will be gone. Another player that keeps coming up on draft simulator when I let it pick for me is David Long CB Michigan.

In my opinion, AJ Brown is going to be the first WR off the board. I personally think AJ, N'Keal Harry and Hollywood are the only true 1st RD talents at the position. And ya, Long would a nice get for our secondary. I also like CBs Joejuan Williams, Julian Love and Justin Layne. Those guys could also be sitting somewhere in our range. I think that the value and strength of the secondary positions are between 40 and 70. I can see a lot of Safeties and CBs getting swooped on in that area of the draft.

Another guy who I would never have thought would slip, seems to be slipping. My favorite prospects entering the this draft season was Rapp and Adderley. With Thornhill, Abrams and Savage shooting up boars, I think there's a legit chance both guys slip. I know a ton of people are bummed by the combination of the no call and our lack draft equity. But I'm sorry...I for one, am just as hyped about this draft as ever.

If Risner is there at 62 it's a no brainer. He is not on my radar cause I dont see him being there. He possibly goes late first. Most realistic is Paris cambell for me. My favorite wr in this draft. Although I dont think he will be there. Cambell may go late first.

Cook is 32, which is not that old for a TE. Ben Watson is 38. I think WR is a much bigger need. If there is a WR and a TE available with similar grades, I expect the WR to be the choice. Ginn is near the end of his career and missed time last season. The rest have all yet to prove they can be a WR2 for the Saints. That is a pretty big risk, depending on someone to step up and fill such an important role. I think we need an addition to come in, compete, and increase the odds of filling that role with the right player.
Some assumptions here to clear up. Age 32 is old for MOST TEs. It really comes down to injuries during a TEs career. TE is the most injury ridden position in football, which leads to most TEs breaking down by 32. Ben Watson, Tony Gonzales, etc were able to avoid recurring injuries during their career which led you to believe all TEs play long into their careers but they are anomalies. Cook is one of them too but 2 good passing options at TE are a great benefit to an offense and drafting a young talented TE at 62 would provide depth and lots of snaps right away.

Some players I could see being at pick 62. Riley Ridley , J. J. Arcega-Whiteside , Andy Isabella , Damien Harris , Jace Sternberger , Elgton Jenkins , Michael Deiter , Charles Omenihu , Ben Banogu , Zach Allen , Mack Wilson , Germaine Pratt , Sean Bunting , Deionte Thompson , and Darnell Savage . Another player that's been moving up, Christian Miller.

Dream pick: Drew Lock

He’s going to be the best QB in this draft, book it
Why did he have problems facing the teams in the sec with good D's?
I have no idea, that's why I'm asking.
I follow the big 12 more than the sec.

Saints may take Jenkins OL out of Mississippi State at 62. He can play all 5 positions on the line. Wouldn't be a sexy pick, but a good one.
I find this intriguing. Where does he project to be drafted?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom