Hoping 2011 Sean Payton shows up vs the Raiders and not the 2014/2015 version (1 Viewer)

Possibly, but why the hell is Brady looking nowhere near done and he is older than Brees? That is why I refuse to believe Brees is done. If Brady can be an MVP at an older age than Drew, than so can Drew.

Brady will drop off either this year or next. But with that said...he has something three things that I'd don't think that Brees will have...1) a quality defense to take off pressure, 2) the willingness to be a game manager, 3) the greatest TE of all-time, which greatly reduces the need to have to sling it. When Brees' skills decline, unless something magical occurs, those pieces won't be in place...and quite honestly, I'm not sure that Brees is capable of being a game manager even if we had the other pieces. Brees has proven time and time again that if he isn't protected, he will force passes...especially when our defense is playing poorly. He can get away with it when his skills are still up and he's still relatively healthy. There has not been a QB in NFL history that didn't experience a dropoff at either 38 or 39. Favre and Moon are commonly seen as outliers but people forget that both were wildly inconsistent and their franchises were ready to move on by the time they hit 39. And Favre and Moon are seen as the NFL's iron men.

And Drew has a shorter arm than Brady. It takes more physical force for him to throw the football the same distance and velocity as Brady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom