Hoping Mike Bell's MRI shows negative (2 Viewers)

From Twitter wwltvsportsBell sprained MCL, Payton says: "Dont know wht that does 4 his status ths week. Doctors seem 2 feel pretty gd abt the nature of that injury.

Pierre will receive his starting job back next week.

Bell rushed 17 times for 86 yards...take out the 23 yarder he gained on one of his first carries, then he gained 63 yards on 16 carries.

PT has much more upside then Bell ever will.

I just dont understand fans like you. Our head coach has been high on bell since he signed him. Bell's teammates are confident when he's in the game. Because of his agressive running,and the oline blocking,we have now become a balanced offensive threat. And you,and fans like you, just continue to "damn him with faint praise".
Cant stand the fact that he has been a great back for this team,so you try to diminish his stats in the most asinine way ive ever seen.:rant:
While people like you tried to dismiss his performance against the lions,did ya happen to notice that peterson,who most consider the best back in the nfl, was only able to get 95 yds?
While im a big fan of ALL our backs,i personally think bell is the best back we have. Difference between you and me is, i wont try to diminish the other's performances to make bell look better.
They all bring something different and valuable to the offense, and if bell cant go for a couple of weeks,he will be missed. Dont take my word for it,ask the O-LINE!

I said nothing impressed me in the running game yesterday. I saw the Meachem carry for 15 yards.........MISSED the Bush rush for 19 yards and MISSED the Bell rush for 23 yards. However I saw the other 25 rushes for 76 yards and none of them impressed me.
:scratch:

From Twitter wwltvsportsBell sprained MCL, Payton says: "Dont know wht that does 4 his status ths week. Doctors seem 2 feel pretty gd abt the nature of that injury.

He won't play this week with that injury I'd assume. With Thomas back at full strength and Hamilton active we'll do fine without him.

If the doctors fell good about it, then perhaps it's minor and he's back for the Jets.

Regardless, the key matchup this week, assuming the wind and rain don't spoil it, will be Brees vs. that secondary that has been terrible so far this season.

Bell's injury (and possible time missed) does not necessarily mean the offense will struggle ... but the guy was playing very well. Thomas (when healthy), Bush, Evans, and Hamilton should be able to pick up the slack. However, you never want to see one of the most productive players on offense, albeit after only 2 games, to miss time. No, he's not as critical as Brees ... but his quality of play was right up there with everyone else on the offensive side of the ball.

I said nothing impressed me in the running game yesterday. I saw the Meachem carry for 15 yards.........MISSED the Bush rush for 19 yards and MISSED the Bell rush for 23 yards. However I saw the other 25 rushes for 76 yards and none of them impressed me.
:scratch:
if everytime you walk away from your tv we have a good running play, why don't you go catch a movie on sunday...:hihi:

I just dont understand fans like you. Our head coach has been high on bell since he signed him. Bell's teammates are confident when he's in the game. Because of his agressive running,and the oline blocking,we have now become a balanced offensive threat. And you,and fans like you, just continue to "damn him with faint praise".
Cant stand the fact that he has been a great back for this team,so you try to diminish his stats in the most asinine way ive ever seen.:rant:
While people like you tried to dismiss his performance against the lions,did ya happen to notice that peterson,who most consider the best back in the nfl, was only able to get 95 yds?
While im a big fan of ALL our backs,i personally think bell is the best back we have. Difference between you and me is, i wont try to diminish the other's performances to make bell look better.
They all bring something different and valuable to the offense, and if bell cant go for a couple of weeks,he will be missed. Dont take my word for it,ask the O-LINE!

We won't see EricinCT after next Sunday because he is a Bills' fan, which is OK. Just sayin.

Does anyone else cringe like I do when Reggie Bush carries the ball?

take out his one 19 yard gainer and he had 9 rushes for 14 yards.
...OR...

Take out his 3 goal line rushes and he had 7 rushes for 35 yards... or... FIVE YPC!!! :worthy:

Ummm, dude.....not to call you asinine or anything:

Peterson only carried the ball 15 times NOT 28 times like Bell did ~ at his gaudy 6.3 ypc carry average, he would have had 170+.

What an awful example. :spit:

Yep, we are. And for some reason, every "pro-Bell" thread becomes and "anti-Bush" thread. They are two different players with two different roles. What Bush does well is not what Bell does well. Why is it if we like one we are automatically branded as being against the other? Why can't we like both or dislike both, equally, but for different reasons?

This playing one Saint against the other when everyone on the offense is contributing to their success is just crazy.
:plus-un2: Absolutely right! I would like to think the majority of us see the value of all our back,and count ourselves fortunate to be gifted in that position. We need all 4 of them. We can have our favorites without slamming the others.
Some need to remember,this team is not called the "bushes",or "bells",or "thomases". We are the SAINTS. united we stand,devided we fall.

Ummm, dude.....not to call you asinine or anything:

Peterson only carried the ball 15 times NOT 28 times like Bell did ~ at his gaudy 6.3 ypc carry average, he would have had 170+.

What an awful example. :spit:
Not surprised that you missed the point completely. But if we used your system of subtracting rushing yds,what would his "gaudy"ypc be then? Nevermind, some people will never get it.

Not surprised that you missed the point completely. But if we used your system of subtracting rushing yds,what would his "gaudy"ypc be then? Nevermind, some people will never get it.

(EDITED) We are talking about 2 seperate things here.

re-read and get back to me. You are insinuating that the best running back in the league only had 95 rushing yards where Bell had 148.....you failed to mention on half the carries. If you want to get technical Peterson will still have a 5.0 average.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people have hitched their wagons to PT, but Bell>PT, always has been. Dude was a beast in Denver, and he is beastin' for us.

if everytime you walk away from your tv we have a good running play, why don't you go catch a movie on sunday...:hihi:

rofl really. I have a feeling dude barely watches the games at all, a casual fan if you will. arguing like he is and missed two big plays, might be better for him not admit that while he is trying to prove a point about the game when he didn't even watch it. jeez lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom