Hopkins: Michael Thomas 'reminds me of myself' (1 Viewer)

I'm against sticky gloves. They change the game too much. I prefer skill to technology. The NFL likes offense, so I guess I'll have to get used to them.

The tackified gloves have been around since the early '90s. A cousin of mine used to toss the ball around with the Neumann brand kind back in the day. Looking back on it, we probably looked like a bunch of blithering tools out there with our gloves and Nike gear. :covri:

I'm against sticky gloves. They change the game too much. I prefer skill to technology. The NFL likes offense, so I guess I'll have to get used to them.

Well....a QB getting the ball to the WR is a very important part of the process and some QB's where those same gloves for gripping purposes. If no one complains about QB's and the delivery of the ball......why the scrutiny for WR's and how its caught?

In my experiences if you can catch......you can catch with gloves or bare hands. Gloves might help but Brandon Coleman drops at least 1 pass every practice...when your hands aren't great they just aren't great and i don't think Gloves will make more than an incremental difference in the grand scheme of things.

Thats just personal....i played WR and I'd take it personally if someone told me my gloves helped me catch because I've seen guys pay $45 dollars for the best NFL gloves and still can't catch/drop easy ones!

Soft hands are soft hands......gloves or not

Gloves are great. They make catches that would usually be impossible, possible (fingertips, one handers etc.). Without gloves too many of my favourite highlights wouldn't exist. They also provide some support in preventing your finger from dislocating if you catch the ball on the tip of your finger.

saints defense interception number would be much higher if the DBs wore those gloves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom