Hopkins: Michael Thomas 'reminds me of myself' (1 Viewer)

FatCitySaint

Drag The Waters
Reaction score
Hopkins: Michael Thomas 'reminds me of myself' - NFL.com

"I like his game a lot," Hopkins said of Thomas, via The Times-Picayune. "He reminds me of myself, honestly. The guy is not a very talked-about guy, but he goes out there and makes plays. Coming out of the combine, he was one of my favorite receivers. (Even) without me talking to him before, I liked his game a lot."

I've been thoroughly impressed thus far with MT. He makes the difficult catch routine. I respect Hopkins game a LOT and it is very positive to hear him speak so highly of Michael this early in camp.

"So, I think it's just good habits to get into, thinking about going up with two hands. At times, you don't either have a chance to, or the ball is just up there and you're a ballplayer. Odell Beckham made it famous, so everybody wants to do it now, I guess."

If you watched LSU games you would know that it was OBJ AND Jarvis Landry that made those catches on the regular.

it's the gloves. have them do it barehanded.

Those gloves definitely make catching a football easier. The grip on those things is insanely great. That said, you also have to give credit to the player, because otherwise, we'd be seeing EVERYONE making plays like that routinely.

Not everyone has the hand size or coordination to pull these moves off on the regular.

Those gloves definitely make catching a football easier. The grip on those things is insanely great. That said, you also have to give credit to the player, because otherwise, we'd be seeing EVERYONE making plays like that routinely.

Not everyone has the hand size or coordination to pull these moves off on the regular.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jmxw4K3w4N4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree. but the gloves have a major impact on catching the ball. I heard someone on one of those football shows said that the material the gloves have is like stickum. you just have to get your hands on the ball and it won't go anywhere. but you are right. they do have to get their hands on the ball which is very hard to do.

Last edited:
If you watched LSU games you would know that it was OBJ AND Jarvis Landry that made those catches on the regular.

God I miss seeing those 2 in Purple and Gold. They're both very different types of WRs, but their games complimented each other perfectly.

Oh and to continue beating that dead horse - If only we had just drafted WR Jarvis Landry in the 2nd round in the '14 draft to pair w Cooks instead of taking CB SJB, our team would be so much better.

A Brees led offense with Cooks, Landry, Snead, and Thomas as our WRs with Fleener, Hill, and Hooman at TE and with Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Murphy/Lasco/Cadet would be something amazing.

I still think our offense will do great things this year even tho we don't have Landry, but I just think that dude is a baller and would've helped us win a few more games over the last couple seasons.

God I miss seeing those 2 in Purple and Gold. They're both very different types of WRs, but their games complimented each other perfectly.

Oh and to continue beating that dead horse - If only we had just drafted WR Jarvis Landry in the 2nd round in the '14 draft to pair w Cooks instead of taking CB SJB, our team would be so much better.

A Brees led offense with Cooks, Landry, Snead, and Thomas as our WRs with Fleener, Hill, and Hooman at TE and with Ingram, Spiller, Hightower, Murphy/Lasco/Cadet would be something amazing.

I still think our offense will do great things this year even tho we don't have Landry, but I just think that dude is a baller and would've helped us win a few more games over the last couple seasons.

It will be an interesting day when Landry gets matched up with a qb who isn't afraid of his own shadow. I honestly believe that if he were teamed up with a top 10 qb, or in a top 10 passing attack, he would be a household name. They know and love him in South Beach like we did with #12, and just like we felt, they feel like they have one of the best in the game, he just doesn't get his proper respect.

As for Thomas, that kid is going to post something like 70/950/7 this year.

I've been resisting the hype train surrounding him, but I'm almost ready to come aboard.

I agree. but the gloves have a major impact on catching the ball. I heard someone on one of those football shows said that the material the gloves have is like stickum. you just have to get your hands on the ball and it won't go anywhere. but you are right. they do have to get their hands on the ball which is very hard to do.

I'm against sticky gloves. They change the game too much. I prefer skill to technology. The NFL likes offense, so I guess I'll have to get used to them.

I've been resisting the hype train surrounding him, but I'm almost ready to come aboard.
I'm with this..I remember last year all the hype for Cooks breaking out and he really didn't get going until halfway thru the season. I'll wait for that Thomas train.

I'm against sticky gloves. They change the game too much. I prefer skill to technology. The NFL likes offense, so I guess I'll have to get used to them.

i cant believe it took this long for these gloves to arrive.

Goalkeeping gloves have been this way since the early 90s. They are so good they cant improve on the tech, so they now make them "oversized" knowing you just get 1-2 tips on a ball you can change the trajectory.

so just wait til you see a receiver trot out with gloves an inch or two too big in the fingertips. lol

So...You're saying our entire defense needs to wear these things?:smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom