Horn, Freddy, Gleason upgraded to probable (1 Viewer)

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this is great news. If we are going to continue our success and be the contender I think we can be now is the time to have all hands on deck to build some serious momentum and steam roll into the second half and on into post season.

We've been blessed this year with few injuries. Good to get these guys back on top of that.

Thomas hopefully will give our secondary a boost. Hes gonna have his hands full with Johnson this week, who likes to line up on the left where fred plays. Horn is gonna have a huge game because I think Colston will be drawing the double teams. Gleason is the key to our special teams to.

Watching Jason Craft play makes me want to close my eyes sometimes. I think getting Freddy T back is even bigger than getting Horn back.

Watching Jason Craft play makes me want to close my eyes sometimes. I think getting Freddy T back is even bigger than getting Horn back.

I think I share your sentiments. While having Joe back opposite Colston is huge (especially if we get into a shootout, which I want no part of), I feel way better about our secondary when Fred T. is in there, at least pushing Craft to nickel resposibilities. It's not that I have false hopes of Thomas being a shutdown corner or anything, but it just seems like the probablility of a completely blown coverage goes way down with him in the game.

And for the record, I really think Craft gets a lot of blame that he probably doesn't deserve, but it just seems like bad things happen to our defense when he is on the field. Even if it's not his fault. I hate to be one of those guys that tries to blame everything on one guy, because I have enough sense to know that there are assignments and schemes, most of which are beyond me, that limit the amount of blame you can really pin on one guy. But that said, I just get a little knot in my stomach every time I see #21 coming into the game.

I don't think Jason Craft is as bad as everyone thinks. Is he a starting Corner? NO! Is he a good nickle back? Yes. Getting Freddy back is huge. Our coverage is not the same without him back there. Of course, none of our Corners are great. I'd love to see us go after both Nate Clements and Asanti Samuels in Free-agency.

Good news for the team getting these guys back. I just hope Freddy's hamstring is in good shape and he doesn't come back too soon. He will be needed for the run down the stretch against the NFC teams and hopefully the playoffs.

All 3 of these guys have made HUGE contibutions to our team this year and having them back will mean a lot.

I also hope that we're not rushing anyone back just at a shot of winning 1 game.

Being healthy down the stretch is a major factor in who gets to the playoffs and who misses the boat.

:gosaints:

All 3 of these guys have made HUGE contibutions to our team this year and having them back will mean a lot.

I also hope that we're not rushing anyone back just at a shot of winning 1 game.

Being healthy down the stretch is a major factor in who gets to the playoffs and who misses the boat.

:gosaints:

Could be the reason they didn't play last week:dunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom