hornets @ blazers (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
just pull out a win guys. i dont care how ugly... we need to finish up the road trip on a positive and get ready for sunday vs spurs...

off to a bad start tonight. :( Portland up by 7 only a few minutes into the game.

Hornets up by 6 at the half 54-48.

Maybe they can keep this going! :9:

Flipped the switch after the 1st and put the squeeze on the blazers. I was hoping for 3 and 1 on the road trip. 2 and 2 is gonna have to do. This team is still a bit surreal to me. I keep thinking they can't actually be this good but....

We got offensive output from Ariza. Nice but we cant expect him to be a consistent 18+ scorer every game.

I really think Bellineli can be our 3rd scoring threat. Wish Okafor would be.

We need to really hang our hat on our D and get to the conference final. We do that and I'm 90% that we get Melo

We got offensive output from Ariza. Nice but we cant expect him to be a consistent 18+ scorer every game.

I really think Bellineli can be our 3rd scoring threat. Wish Okafor would be.

We need to really hang our hat on our D and get to the conference final. We do that and I'm 90% that we get Melo

I strongly feel the Hornets aren't done yet improving the team through trades during the season. Those 3 losses to the Mavs, Clips, and Jazz adheres to that. You can't win every game in a 82 game NBA season, but it seemed like it was too early for the Hornets to lose when you look at them being 12-3 and two of those losses (Mavs and Clips) were due to letting up at the wrong parts of the game.

I don't know what the hell happened against the Jazz. That game showed we still need some additional help from a prolific scoring standpoint and I don't think we can afford to wait until the offseason to do so. No one expected Bayless and Peja going to Toronto for Jarrett Jack so I'm sure Dell Demps has more in the works up his sleeves. People would have to be kidding themselves if they think this current roster will be the team that will be competing in the playoffs.

If we want to avoid disastrous losses like the Jazz game down the road, then we definitely need to add a caliber guy like AI or Melo right away to be that definite 2nd or 3rd scoring option after West and Paul. Relying on playing good D will only get you so far if you don't have the consistent offense to match it. We're going to be in for a serious letdown in the playoffs without adding those type of guys so I'm sure we should be expecting something to get done by the trade deadline

Both losses the bench failed to provide any support. Especially compared to the pre-Jack bench. These guys just need a little time to play together and they'll be fine. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Both losses the bench failed to provide any support. Especially compared to the pre-Jack bench. These guys just need a little time to play together and they'll be fine. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

The starting lineup didn't do much either. In the Jazz loss, outside of West and Paul's 32 points we only had 26 points combined from the other 3 guys. Ariza and Belinelli scoring only 9 and 10 points and both missing 7+ shots a game isn't gonna cut it against high power scoring teams in the WC like the Lakers and Jazz.

The loss to the Clipps is where we actually got solid production off the bench post-Jack. Jack scored 12 and I think Willie Green had 8 or 10, but we only scored 27 points in the starting lineup outside of DW/CP's 44 points. I already knew we weren't getting a legitimate scoring threat in Ariza when the trade happened, but it's ridiculous how many open mid-range shots he's been taking and missing them most of the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom