Hornets Open 11/05 In New Orleans...Are You A Fan? (1 Viewer)

Are You a Hornets Fan? Do You Miss Them?

• Yes...I really can't wait until the NBA returns.

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • I'm sorta a Hornets fan, but, it doesn't really matter to me.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I could careless.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No, I'm only a Saints fan and prefer that the NBA stays away...they may hurt Saints support.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
A group of OKC businessmen just bought the Seattle Supersonics and they plan on moving the team to OKC. Some folks might think that keeps the Hornets in N.O. for good, but I heard Shinn wanted to move the team to Las Vegas instead of OKC after Katrina. The NBA isn't as image-conscious as the NFL is. I could see them putting a team there.

A group of OKC businessmen just bought the Seattle Supersonics and they plan on moving the team to OKC.

...You state that as fact, but they said when they bought the Sonics that they planned to keep them in Seattle. I'm not being naive, I'm just asking if their stance has changed or if you know something that the rest of us don't? BTW, it's commonplace for owners to buy a team that plays someplace other than their hometown (e.g. former Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs, who lives in San Antonio.) Also, I think that last season Shinn would never have considered moving the team back to NOLA, but now, after seeing all the love and PR the Saints have gotten- he thinks the Hornets could benefit from being back in the city. Just my .02.

...You state that as fact, but they said when they bought the Sonics that they planned to keep them in Seattle. I'm not being naive, I'm just asking if their stance has changed or if you know something that the rest of us don't?

I saw the press conference with the new owner's comments. As far as keeping them in Seattle goes, the most I heard him say was something along the lines of, "That's the plan but we're not ruling out other options either, etc."

Count me in as a casual fan. I used to be a bigger fan, even last season for the most part, but all of the double-talk really got to me. Then I saw the "home" game where the wore the OKC jerseys. That just about did it for me as a full fledged supporter of the team.

That being said, I will follow them all the same and try to make the trip for a couple of games. I just don't plan on following them as closely as I used to, b/c they are a P/R nightmare and it's frankly frustrating to watch. I just don't want to watch our "home" announcers in OKC hyping the city up again, it is sickening to my stomach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom