Horrible offensive pass interference call upheld by replay. NFL don't care. (1 Viewer)

The whole process is a systematic failure. I believe it is strategic incompetence.

This is the problem... I completely disagree, he was making a play on the ball. If you want to debate PI or No PI, let’s go but “the worst no call ever” come on?!?!

I was onboard for the challenge of PI but I hear many suggest this is going to happen. Every Monday is going to be fans complaining about every call that wasn’t changed or whatever and this is going to become irritating... only blatant missed calls should be changed, the calls that can’t really be argued by a reasonable person.

Get ready for the officiating to really take a dump this year. It is going to be really bad. Reason is the NFL just refuses to fix it, only tinkering around the edge with this illusion that they're trying to fix it but yet standing by their ridiculous antiquated system. The PI call in the Vikings game last week was not PI. Replay showed it was a lot of hand checking and the defender was playing the ball, but yet they make the ruling play stands. It is really a joke and at some point, will affect their game despite the popularity of the sport.

Get ready for the officiating to really take a dump this year. It is going to be really bad. Reason is the NFL just refuses to fix it, only tinkering around the edge with this illusion that they're trying to fix it but yet standing by their ridiculous antiquated system. The PI call in the Vikings game last week was not PI. Replay showed it was a lot of hand checking and the defender was playing the ball, but yet they make the ruling play stands. It is really a joke and at some point, will affect their game despite the popularity of the sport.
And it's the inconsistency from crew to crew & from week to week that drives people to not wanting to watch the game. I saw the isolation view of the receiver in this particular play & did not see a penalty on his part according to the rules. I saw the defender run smack into the receiver without ever turning for the ball & that is undoubtedly pass interference. At the least it should have been called both ways. In our preseason game the play the Saints DB made has been considered textbook coverage for years. Now all of a sudden it's a penalty. The whole point of the new rule I thought was to overturn a bad call, but there are no bad calls any more. It's just which side of the bed did the ref wake up on today which determines the way he will rule in the game. And even if weren't corrupt, the massive difference in individual crews & officials interpretations of those rules from from week to week still give credence to a case for corruption. So much so, that if corruption exists it would be impossible to uncover it. And that is what any corrupt syndicate strives for to be able to continue to operate crookedly unchecked.

And it's the inconsistency from crew to crew & from week to week that drives people to not wanting to watch the game. I saw the isolation view of the receiver in this particular play & did not see a penalty on his part according to the rules. I saw the defender run smack into the receiver without ever turning for the ball & that is undoubtedly pass interference. At the least it should have been called both ways. In our preseason game the play the Saints DB made has been considered textbook coverage for years. Now all of a sudden it's a penalty. The whole point of the new rule I thought was to overturn a bad call, but there are no bad calls any more. It's just which side of the bed did the ref wake up on today which determines the way he will rule in the game. And even if weren't corrupt, the massive difference in individual crews & officials interpretations of those rules from from week to week still give credence to a case for corruption. So much so, that if corruption exists it would be impossible to uncover it. And that is what any corrupt syndicate strives for to be able to continue to operate crookedly unchecked.

The new rule was written to no only right a bad call, but to right a bad non-call, and that is really opening up a can of worms. I have resisted the urge to believe it is corruption, instead opting for incompetence, negligence, and bureaucracy. Accountability followed by credibility is a huge problem with how their game is officiated and they are just banking on the fact that we love football, hence we'll keep watching. Those 2 officials on the spot in the NFCCG should have been fired, and never allowed to officiate another NFL game ever. Instead, they cover for them by instituting some stupid new rule involving replay, which will not fix the problem, but only make it worse. And where is the Commish on all of this? You'd think he'd be concerned with the integrity of his sport, but instead he's spending his time trying to show how woke he is. It is really pathetic. And intellectually dishonest and insulting.

The NFL hasn’t learned anything and I knew that when they didn’t fire those incompetent refs who blew or purposely didn’t make the right call against the Rams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom