Horrible offensive pass interference call upheld by replay. NFL don't care. (1 Viewer)

Is anybody surprised by this? The NFL is a dumb league, led by an idiot. We are all crazy to watch. OK, rant over.

The NFL will NOT overturn officials on the field, no matter what, unless it helps one of their chosen teams in certain circumstances. It just won't happen. This was a ridiculous call.
Exactly what I would expect out of these clowns.

Why bother with the review?

NFL sending a message...DO NOT waste your challenges on pass interference because we will NOT be overturning ANY this season. Congrats on your rule tho...

NFL sending a message...DO NOT waste your challenges on pass interference because we will NOT be overturning ANY this season. Congrats on your rule tho...
The NFL grew revenue last year by like 15+%.

That in spite of no call, in spite of controversies, in spite of too many commercials, in spite of convoluted rules and eroding watchability.

Ain't going to change until they feel it in the pocket book.

I think you missed my general point. My general point was it's possible or likely he didn't throw a flag for the attempt at the ball, so there was nothing to overturn in that regards. It would have been the prior action before the ball even arrived. We'd have to see the All-22 to know though. Preseason non-national broadcasts are so limited in cameras as it is.

I'm not saying I trust the refs or NY to get it right. I'm just saying maybe in this case we are looking at the wrong aspect of the play considering when the flag was reached for and thrown.
You're probably right. There is no way that call came from what the clip shows. If it did, all I can say is, WOW!

"The on-field officials called OPI for a push off by WAS 13 at the 50-yard line, well before he jumped to catch the ball," the statement began. "There was no clear and obvious visual evidence from the available broadcast video that the ruling was incorrect, so the on-field ruling stands." The official NFL statement per Twitter...

"The on-field officials called OPI for a push off by WAS 13 at the 50-yard line, well before he jumped to catch the ball," the statement began. "There was no clear and obvious visual evidence from the available broadcast video that the ruling was incorrect, so the on-field ruling stands." The official NFL statement per Twitter...
Always gonna have an excuse.

I thought "Meh it's an iffy call, I could see it standing." Then I realized they called OFFENSIVE pass interference. Maybe something about protecting the CBs head? I don't know...

At least we can see the games don't have to be rigged for the refs to just plain suck.

I think you missed my general point. My general point was it's possible or likely he didn't throw a flag for the attempt at the ball, so there was nothing to overturn in that regards. It would have been the prior action before the ball even arrived. We'd have to see the All-22 to know though. Preseason non-national broadcasts are so limited in cameras as it is.

I'm not saying I trust the refs or NY to get it right. I'm just saying maybe in this case we are looking at the wrong aspect of the play considering when the flag was reached for and thrown.

That makes sense at least. Lines up with the little we can see. He gets good separation right as the screen cuts to them above the 50.

That wasn't even the most egregious call made on the Skins... 1st drive of the game (IIRC) Josh Normal was called for a helmet to helmet hit, but when they replayed it Normal was diving to catch the tipped pass and as he dove the receiver fell, and as he fell their helmets collided. Ref called Josh for targeting.

That was crazy I'll see if I can find the clip. These refs are out of control.

Always look at where they throw the flag. People are overreacting over nothing. The call obviously had to do with something that happened during the route that wasn't shown on TV. This is the media and fans being dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom