Horrible Reporting (1 Viewer)

I don't believe for a second that an NFL team can't afford a secure video conference. I do believe that NFL coaches and GMs are paranoid and set in their ways.

If they feel it has to be done in person the way to do it is rent out a floor of a hotel with conference rooms and nobody leaves until after the draft.

What's the difference between doing what you're suggesting here versus doing it at a large office building that happens to be attached to a beer brewery?

There is a lot of coordination that has to happen during a draft. It is completely unrealistic to think this could be handled via a video chat. There are executives, coaches, scouts, all in the room discussing things at all times along with discussions that require real-time visual aid. Scouts that need to talk to each other, coaches that need to talk to scouts, conference calls involving other teams, a person to communicate with at the actual draft venue, etc.

This isn't a Madden football draft where Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton are just picking players like they would on an XBOX, and you know that.

What's the difference between doing what you're suggesting here versus doing it at a large office building that happens to be attached to a beer brewery?

Because they're commuting. Maybe stopping for coffee. Pick up breakfast. Definitely getting gas driving out there.Contact each other during the day. Contact their families at night. Like I said if they were living in the brewery that would be fine. They aren't. The state is under a stay at home order. And New Orleans is the place where it really needs to be happening. If I have to do it way up here....they need to be doing it down there. New Orleans is the reason I'm under a stay at home order.

Because they're commuting. Maybe stopping for coffee. Pick up breakfast. Definitely getting gas driving out there. Like I said if they were living in the brewery that would be fine. They aren't. The state is under a stay at home order. And New Orleans is the place where it really needs to be happening.

I'd imagine they will supply food and coffee and take every precaution necessary.

I'd also imagine that there isn't a single team out there that will attempt to run their entire draft via video conference, but we'll see.

I'd imagine they will supply food and coffee and take every precaution necessary.

I'd also imagine that there isn't a single team out there that will attempt to run their entire draft via video conference, but we'll see.

You imagine. You don't know. Are they getting someone to pump their gas as well?

I'd be interested to know what other teams are doing. I know this. The NFL closed the team facilities for a reason.

You imagine. You don't know. Are they getting someone to pump their gas as well?

I'd be interested to know what other teams are doing. I know this. The NFL closed the team facilities for a reason.

Well of course I don't know, but it seems like common sense thinking to believe that food will be provided if they're going through the trouble of putting everyone in a building that is pretty much isolated in the middle of nowhere for entire days at a time.

I'd also say it is common sense thinking to believe that Saint Greg on Saintsreport isn't the only person thinking of all these issues when the team is putting together logistics for a plan like this.

I don't believe for a second that an NFL team can't afford a secure video conference. I do believe that NFL coaches and GMs are paranoid and set in their ways.

If they feel it has to be done in person the way to do it is rent out a floor of a hotel with conference rooms and nobody leaves until after the draft.
Being that the Hyatt hotel in downtown New Orleans, is owned by Gayle Benson, this to me would make a lot of logical sense! They could set up there now and essentially be in quarantine themselves until the draft was over! They would have all the amenities in one place, including food prepared by the Hyatt banquet dept. Once the entire staff arrive at the Hyatt, they would not need to leave the hotel. They would essentially be locked down, without having to come in direct contact with anyone, other than the ones staying at the hotel. The hotel is closed as I am aware. And the only cost to Gayle, would be for the food staff and additional security. The chief engineering resource is already onsite and a few more security staff would be required. The custodial workers along with other required hotel staff, could essentially also be self quarantined, through the draft. I cannot believe this wasn’t their choice, now that I read your message. Great point!

One additional point. Since the Saints are closely tied to Ochsner, they could test every Saints staff member, prior to each one of them entering for their stay. And each Hyatt employee that would be working onsite for the next month say, would be tested prior to working there.

Last edited:
Being that the Hyatt hotel in downtown New Orleans, is owned by Gayle Benson, this to me would make a lot of logical sense! They could set up there now and essentially be in quarantine themselves until the draft was over! They would have all the amenities in one place, including food prepared by the Hyatt banquet dept. Once the entire staff arrive at the Hyatt, they would not need to leave the hotel. They would essentially be locked down, without having to come in direct contact with anyone, other than the ones staying at the hotel. The hotel is closed as I am aware. And the only cost to Gayle, would be for the food staff and additional security. The chief engineering resource is already onsite and a few more security staff would be required. The custodial workers along with other required hotel staff, could essentially also be self quarantined, through the draft. I cannot believe this wasn’t their choice, now that I read your message. Great point!

One additional point. Since the Saints are closely tied to Ochsner, they could test every Saints staff member, prior to each one of them entering for their stay. And each Hyatt employee that would be working onsite for the next month say, would be tested prior to working there.

Again though, why is this any different than a brewery business complex?

Since Gayle owns the brewery, this makes perfect sense. It’s located in the east on a secluded property. It more then likely has plenty of room to fit everyone in the building with amenities that will work out better for everyone. I imagine that most of the staff lives on the north shore so this will be a shorter commute. The Saints building is off limits per Goodel unless he was to open them up for the Draft. There are so many restaurants that are almost closed for business and doing take out, getting meals will not be an issue. Hell Emeril may even come cook for them.
for people worried about commuting, I have to commute into uptown New Orleans everyday for work. As long as you stay in your car and don’t go inside of stores your ok. Yes I do get gas but I use the doggy doo bags to place my hand in and punch the codes for my cc card and fill my tank then throw the bag away inside out when done.
and for the person that thinks New Orleans is making him stay in his home, that’s just ludicrous, how about New York, or even better stupid Florida! I see hundreds of people in our park daily practicing great social distance rules.

and for the person that thinks New Orleans is making him stay in his home, that’s just ludicrous, how about New York, or even better stupid Florida! I see hundreds of people in our park daily practicing great social distance rules.

New Orleans IS the reason our state is under a stay at home order. And our parks are closed off by police barricades...have been for over a week now.

Last edited:
Because they're commuting. Maybe stopping for coffee. Pick up breakfast. Definitely getting gas driving out there.Contact each other during the day. Contact their families at night. Like I said if they were living in the brewery that would be fine. They aren't. The state is under a stay at home order. And New Orleans is the place where it really needs to be happening. If I have to do it way up here....they need to be doing it down there. New Orleans is the reason I'm under a stay at home order.
Holy moly
I was kinda sorta ok with this until that last part
Yikes, man

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom