Horrible Reporting (1 Viewer)

The death toll is grossly underreprted.
Is it really though? I’ve noticed that everyone who has died since the stay at home order has died from coronavirus. Bobby Hebert’s dad, Ellis Marsalis, Coach Wayne Reese., etc. They have not reported a single death caused by anything other than Coronavirus. What are the odds that Coronavirus has been the ONLY cause of death in the past 2 1/2 weeks? Seems fishy and I trust that reporting as much as this brewery article.

Last edited:
Because they're commuting. Maybe stopping for coffee. Pick up breakfast. Definitely getting gas driving out there.Contact each other during the day. Contact their families at night. Like I said if they were living in the brewery that would be fine. They aren't. The state is under a stay at home order. And New Orleans is the place where it really needs to be happening. If I have to do it way up here....they need to be doing it down there. New Orleans is the reason I'm under a stay at home order.
Doubt it. The meals and bev are most likely catered. They are in most of these meetings, regardless of the pandemic. You're just arriving at assumptions to support your angry position.

New Orleans IS the reason our state is under a stay at home order. And our parks are closed off by police barricades...have been for over a week now.
New Orleans IS the reason you have any tax base in this state at all.
New Orleans IS the reason you have the Saints at all.
Stop being obtuse.

Is it really though? I’ve noticed that everyone who has died since the stay at home order has died from coronavirus. Bobby Hebert’s dad, Ellis Marsalis, Coach Wayne Reese., etc. They have not reported a single death caused by anything other than Coronavirus. What are the odds that Coronavirus has been the ONLY cause of death in the past 2 1/2 weeks? Seems fishy and I trust that reporting as much as this brewery article.

Since when do other types of deaths get reported unless it is either a murder or a celebrity/popular figure?

Murders are down because people are inside, and to my knowledge, there just hasn't been a major celebrity/popular figure death in a couple of weeks other than those involving COVID-19.

Since when do other types of deaths get reported unless it is either a murder or a celebrity/popular figure?

Murders are down because people are inside, and to my knowledge, there just hasn't been a major celebrity/popular figure death in a couple of weeks other than those involving COVID-19.
The key is “to my knowledge”. The only way for you to have the knowledge is for the media to tell you. And I have a feeling they are either only telling us about the ones that are Covid-19 related and leaving out the other ones OR they have a very lose definition of what is related to Covid-19 and classifying every death as related to Covid-19.

You completely misunderstood the post.
The world doesn't stop w/people close to NO. The # of dead in the Wuhan province is likely 10-20x higher, based on the # of cremations, burial activity & the urns delivered. The response teams in Spain, France & Italy all said that the only deaths attributed to the Covid-19 are those that had tested positive or called @ an assistance home/hospital. W/the amount of test kits in the US, we don't even have enough to test every body in NYC, much less the rest of the country. THAT in itself will affect the true count of infections & deaths.
The stay @home doesn't protect people that were infected & asymptomatic, before that order. The slow response time is a major reason for the spread of infection.
Another serious issue is the difficulty of other patients, w/out Covid-19, accessing care/meds/equipment. That raises the countries death count, but NOT the pandemic count, even though there is a correlation.

The key is “to my knowledge”. The only way for you to have the knowledge is for the media to tell you. And I have a feeling they are either only telling us about the ones that are Covid-19 related and leaving out the other ones OR they have a very lose definition of what is related to Covid-19 and classifying every death as related to Covid-19.

1b436d8d1a1d92d5b9c12b57088fc7638b244b14_00.gif

Also, please find someone notable from this list who a.) died over the past 2-3 weeks, b.) did not die from COVID-19 c.) would make American mainstream news during a normal time period, and d.) did not make American mainstream news:

EDIT: I feel guilty for jinxing it, but Bill Withers' family just announced a little while ago that he passed away from heart issues, and it is being reported by all mainstream media:

And this is being talked about by many on social media:

Do I need to continue or are we done here?

1b436d8d1a1d92d5b9c12b57088fc7638b244b14_00.gif

Also, please find someone notable from this list who a.) died over the past 2-3 weeks, b.) did not die from COVID-19 c.) would make American mainstream news during a normal time period, and d.) did not make American mainstream news:

EDIT: I feel guilty for jinxing it, but Bill Withers' family just announced a little while ago that he passed away from heart issues, and it is all over social media and being reported by all mainstream media:

And this is being talked about by many on social media:

Do I need to continue or are we done here?
They saw me questioning them so they had to allow this death to be not Covid-19 related. If I had not have said anything, I’m sure they would’ve blamed this one on coronaviris too.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Again though, why is this any different than a brewery business complex?
Can the brewery provide as much convenience and comfort, along with the logistics of getting everything set up, say as compared to a hotel facility, such as the Hyatt? I wouldn’t think so. But that’s just me. Maybe the brewery is just that kinda special.

There is some nonsense in that article. It’s obvious she doesn’t understand the area and where the brewery is actually located.

But I have to say I was surprised to learn they were going to be meeting everyday in the same place over the next two weeks while the entire state is under a stay at home order.

I’ve heard Sean and Mickey talk on this and they haven’t convinced me this is something that can’t be done on a daily conference/video conference call.

When I heard the brewery thing my thought was it’s fine if you bring in beds and they all stay there between now and the draft. But it sounds like they’re commuting. It is possible one of them (not Payton) could catch it, give it to the rest of them, then they all go home and infect their families.

As a Saints fan I’m good with it if it helps us in the draft. But just as a person on day 11 at home on furlough because of a statewide order when the problem is five hours south of me, I can understand why the decision would be controversial.

The fact that a post this well-thought and reasonable has two face palms versus one like as of my typing this reply is a pretty decent indicator of why corona has been able to spread as well as it has. People will find the stupidest reasons to discredit proper precaution or those calling for it. In this instance, the rationale is probably some dumb sheet like "SP can do no wrong. He mah coach!!!" when in reality, like Saint Greg said, they could EASILY video conference this thing. They own laptops and the internet still works. There's zero reason to play fast and loose like this during a crisis of this magnitude.

The fact that a post this well-thought and reasonable has two face palms versus one like as of my typing this reply is a pretty decent indicator of why corona has been able to spread as well as it has. People will find the stupidest reasons to discredit proper precaution or those calling for it. In this instance, the rationale is probably some dumb shirt like "SP can do no wrong. He mah coach!!!" when in reality, like Saint Greg said, they could EASILY video conference this thing. They own laptops and the internet still works. There's zero reason to play fast and loose like this during a crisis of this magnitude.

It’ll be interesting to see what other teams do. Andy Reid is working alone in his basement and said they will either conduct the draft that way or check into a hotel. They haven’t decided yet. I definitely haven’t heard of teams meeting in person every day this far in advance. And we’re talking about a hot spot under a stay at home order.

Last edited:
@Saint Greg did you toss in a tweet dovetailing with Nancy's retraction?

By the way, the state and governor say it's cool for CSP, ML, and the crew to stop and get gas, grab some coffee, ect. Don't worry bro, they're not going to be knocking on your door afterwards.

That’s not a retraction from Nancy. That’s a different writer providing a more educated look at the situation. I noticed Payton has dropped his number of people present from 7 to 4 in that article. None of that is my issue. My issue is the daily in person meetings don’t comply with our state’s stay at home order. And New Orleans is one of the hot spots.

Shocking I tell ya, shocking....

Journalism is dead....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom