Hosted Nick Easton (Olineman) from Vikings - Signed with Saints (1 Viewer)

I don't think this changes our draft priority.

Still need to draft an interior lineman to replace Peat next year if he doesn't perform up to his
potential and a offensive contributor in the passing game.
I'm not saying youre wrong. I believe the trenches should always be shored up as much as possible. However, our approach the past few offseasons were to aquire players to fill as many holes as possible in order to give us more flexability in the draft. We like to draft BPA. Now, that isn't always feasable. So your scenerio may play out. But we may look at other OLmen in FA, still.

I'm not saying youre wrong. I believe the trenches should always be shored up as much as possible. However, our approach the past few offseasons were to aquire players to fill as many holes as possible in order to give us more flexability in the draft. We like to draft BPA. Now, that isn't always feasable. So your scenerio may play out. But we may look at other OLmen in FA, still.
Well, I mean more along the lines that we don't need shoehorn a center into that 2nd round pick or force ourselves to trade up into top 100s to get both.

Looks like a great signing. We got a young experienced C who grades out well and hasn't allow a sack in his career. Looks like another great addition to the O-line and signing a veteran like this will ensure we don't skip a beat after the Unger retiring.

My bet is all the garaunteed money is in the first two years of the contract. He can come in and compete against Tom and Clapp and has the versatility to play guard so if there was an injury on the left side of the line he can slide over and Tom can play center.

No telling how the draft plays out and a versatile lineman is never a bad thing to have.

According to Larry Holder, Unger had been talking to the team about retiring for a month prior to free agency so for those thinking the signing of Easton for 4 years $24 million was a last minute desperation move, it was not. It appears they had a month to find a target to replace Unger and they chose Easton.

(@LarryHolder) <a href="">March 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hi all,

Nick Easton is a player who plays "nasty" according to some Vikings people. He's definitely someone we wanted back but don't have the $$$ to keep.

If he's healthy, you will like him a lot.
We currently don't have any guards of any value, so losing him sucks, but what can you do.

What exactly does this mean ? Is this just an adjustment to his deal, or is there a posssibility of a bigger issue ?

Could be either.

I do think it’s interesting we haven’t heard the full details of the deal yet (guaranteed money, structure).

Maybe Loomis Loomised a little too much for the NFL’s liking and has to adjust something.

Could be either.

I do think it’s interesting we haven’t heard the full details of the deal yet (guaranteed money, structure).

Maybe Loomis Loomised a little too much for the NFL’s liking and has to adjust something.

And this is what the Vikings replaced him with:

Josh Kline was cut after turning down a paycut in Tennessee. He gives the Vikings a veteran stopgap after losing Mike Remmers and Nick Easton. 29-year-old Kline graded as one of the worst guards at PFF last year. Minnesota's interior line remains a weak point going into the draft

And this is what the Vikings replaced him with:

Josh Kline was cut after turning down a paycut in Tennessee. He gives the Vikings a veteran stopgap after losing Mike Remmers and Nick Easton. 29-year-old Kline graded as one of the worst guards at PFF last year. Minnesota's interior line remains a weak point going into the draft

Remmers was pretty awful. Change for the sake of change.
Vikings will be drafting about 6 O-Linemen this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom