House Renovation (1 Viewer)

Got the house reappraised for the refi. It came back today.

$270,000. Party on Garth!

Now I get my driveway and hang out garden! I am really psyched!

Last edited:
Got the house reappraised for the refi. It came back today.

$270,000. Party on Garth!

Now I get my driveway and hang out garden! I am really psyched!

Congrats. The hardwoods look really nice.

OK, got all the siding done, had it painted, got some new window boxes and I stained the fence.

The only thing left to do (on the exterior at least) is get new gutters, re-laquer the 3 year old, gave to much money to Home Depot, mahogany door, and redo the side walk then we're movin' on up like George and Weezy. (is that all?) Life is good on the 'hood these days. We scared the neighbors because when the green went on it looked like neon green for a few days.
attachment.php

Attachments

• house 640x480.jpg
    house 640x480.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Wow. That's impressive.

What happened to the house on your right, by the way?

What happened to the house on your right, by the way?
The guy we bought the house from got permission from the HDLC to tear it down because it was way beyond repair. Which gave us enough room to (one more damn thing) put in a driveway. He bought 5 houses in a row on the block and redid them (to an extent). he split the property of the torn down house between us and our neighbor.

OK, got all the siding done, had it painted, got some new window boxes and I stained the fence.

The only thing left to do (on the exterior at least) is get new gutters, re-laquer the 3 year old, gave to much money to Home Depot, mahogany door, and redo the side walk then we're movin' on up like George and Weezy. (is that all?) Life is good on the 'hood these days. We scared the neighbors because when the green went on it looked like neon green for a few days.
attachment.php

Nice. I like the door. And is that an authentic, historical satellite dish? :smilielol:

looks great, Johnny. I assume those are fully functional hurricane shutters :9:

is any of that river front development supposed to be down your way? That'll be sweet.

Nice. I like the door. And is that an authentic, historical satellite dish? :smilielol:
Early 21st century modern.

looks great, Johnny. I assume those are fully functional hurricane shutters :9:

is any of that river front development supposed to be down your way? That'll be sweet.

Yes sir, they are fully functioning. Katrina broke up our siding, but we didn't lose a single window.
I think the developement will be down a little ways towards the CBD on Tchoup (and the infamous Wal-Mart). There is a lot of open land there. Also where they tore down the St. Thomas projects (which has some real cute new but traditional looking New Orleans homes built).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom