Houston Saints Fans (1 Viewer)

jlam

Do you not?
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hey guys, we had a big thread over on the old board getting everyone together to watch the games, so I figured I'd start us up one here.

Before the start of the season, we decided to meet up at Woodrow's sports bar (On Chimney Rock, between Richmond and Westheimer, Galleria area) to watch the games. So far I know that myself, Superdome (who was the original organizer), Skymike, Houston Houdat, Deuuuce, Lee Newell, and Primadox (among others, I'm sure) as well as a slew of Saints fans not on the board have shown up. It's a really good place to watch the game, as they've got the entire 2nd floor tuned to the Saints game so you don't have to worry about those pesky other 20 something teams trying to play at the same time. I encourage anyone in the area that hasn't previously made it out there to come out if at all possible (that is unless you have tickets to the game, in which case I can unapoligetically say: You blow :angryrazz: ).

Hope everyone survived the bye week and looking forward to seeing you guys this Sunday.

:gosaints:

SuperDome

Fan Board Member In Exile
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Antonio...Because of 14ft. of water in Arabi
WOW! Details are in...what a deal!

Thursday, April, 28th at Ragin' Cajuns...960 Westheimer (Westheimer and Gessner, behind the gas station) NE corner, opps, sorry forgot who I am talking to...Lakeside on the downtown side...:hihi:

Details are being worked out now...:banan25::Bandance::piano:
I've spoken to the folks at Ragin' Cajun's and here are the deals they are offering...

We will meet in the back bar at 7pm (they have another private party that is scheduled to be over at 6, so please be understanding) The Draft starts at 7:30CDT. We are pretty sure that we will be able to stream WWL's draft coverage over the sound system while we get the visuals from ESPN on the many TV's.

All Hou-Dat's in Saints gear will be offered the following specials:

ANY BEER IN THE HOUSE (Domestic and Premium, Draft and Bottle) $2.75

FROZEN DRINKS: MARGARITAS, HURRICANES & SWIRLS -$3.75

DINNER SPECIAL: 10oz. CENTER-CUT, BONE-IN, PORK CHOP
WITH GARLIC RED SKIN MASHED POTATOES
AND SWEET CORN ON THE COBB -$10.99

SuperDome

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He Who Cannot Be Named posted "somewhere" ;-)

"HI HOU-DATS!

It looks like we're going with the Blue Lot. pending any discussion. Its 1st come/1st serve, so the 3 of us who have spaces will come in together, and we'll have a nice big spot. If anybody else has/gets a Blue Lot pass, our spot will get even bigger.

I have a cooling plan: we'll have tents, fans, ice, water, and probably a secret cooling weapon--- pending price-- Im pretty sure I can cover it.

Any ideas you have to make it a rockin tailgate will be appreciated."

I wanted to post here to make sure that everyone got word. If you reply here I'll make sure everyone gets the message.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperDome

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nfl kickoff thursday night

I just got the Hou-Dat Specials e-mail from Daniel at Ragin Cajuns on Westheimer:

GOOD AFTERNOON GUYS, HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THEIR WEEKEND.
THE NFL REGULAR SEASON KICKS-OFF THIS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH @ 7:30PM
GRAB EVERYONE AND COME JOIN US AT RAGIN CAJUN WESTHIEMER TO CHEER ON THE SAINTS AS THEY TAKE ON THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS, THE GREENBAY PACKERS.

WE WILL BE FEATURING A DINNER SPECIAL WHICH INCLUDES: A HALF DOM-A-LOTTA- (ITALIAN MEATS AND CHEESES, CHOPPED GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST, BAKED IN THE OVEN AND TOPPED WITH MANDOLA'S OLIVE MIX) THE SANDWICH IS SERVED WITH A CUP OF RED BEANS AND RICE WITH SAUSAGE $11.99

THIRSTY THURSDAY NIGHT DRINK SPECIAL: $6.00 LONG ISLAND ICED TEA (ALL NIGHT LONG!!!)

*DON'T FORGET TO JOIN US FOR PRE-GAME HAPPY HOUR FROM 3PM TO 7PM!

HAPPY HOUR INCLUDES:
FROZEN--(MARGARITAS, HURRICANES AND SWIRLS)--$4.75
DOMESTIC DRAFTS AND BOTTLES--$2.50
PREMIUM DRAFTS AND BOTTLES--$3.00
PITCHERS-- DOMESTIC DRAFT--$8.00, PREMIUM DRAFT--$10.00 (NOW SERVING ABITA ANDY GATOR DRAFT!!)
FRESH RAW OYSTERS-- HALF DOZEN--$4.50, DOZEN--$6.50
WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND HOPE TO SEE YOU HERE! WHO DAT!

I will have to work late Thursday so please save me a place!

Osaka

I've got crooked referee skill!
Reaction score
10 andy gator pitchers and 6 long islands...

I am sad I will be in Shreveport for the season opener... I will have a long island at the bar there in honor of the Hou Dats. :)

coachlaw

Reaction score
100 pages. Holy Cow! I think it's time for a new thread. I'm too far south to make it to that area. But I'll be pullin' for da boys down in Angleton.

SuperDome

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We've got school curriculum night for our 8th grader that night...second time it's landed on the night of the Saints opening game. Ugh. So, we won't be there, of course. Have fun!
So school adminstrators don't look at the NFL schedule...:idunno: We have open house that night...until 8pm! I'm only a few mins. away from Ragin Cajun's but what are they thinking?

Please Kellye, if I ever think of taking a job outside of the classroom, just shoot me.:hihi:

SuperDome

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
100 pages. Holy Cow! I think it's time for a new thread. I'm too far south to make it to that area. But I'll be pullin' for da boys down in Angleton.
It is actually longer than that; we lost a lot in a change of servers.:smilielol:

As a New Orleanian, there is something to be said for tradition!

whodatsaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Which is the better place in Houston for watching a Saints game - Woodrow's or Ragin Cajun.

I'm from Slidell but I'm stuck in Houston on business. The original Ragin Cajun is very close to my hotel, but Woodrow's isn't too far away.

mrsandlin

Reaction score
Born in New Orleans, Live in Chalmette,Lafayette,&
Which is the better place in Houston for watching a Saints game - Woodrow's or Ragin Cajun.

I'm from Slidell but I'm stuck in Houston on business. The original Ragin Cajun is very close to my hotel, but Woodrow's isn't too far away.
Hello WhoDatSaint; i hope you enjoying your trip here in Houston.

Most of us now are at Ragin Cajun, We where at Woodrow's but we left midway through the 2010 season cause of a business matter.

how long are you in town on business???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom