Houston Saints Fans (1 Viewer)

jlam

Do you not?
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hey guys, we had a big thread over on the old board getting everyone together to watch the games, so I figured I'd start us up one here.

Before the start of the season, we decided to meet up at Woodrow's sports bar (On Chimney Rock, between Richmond and Westheimer, Galleria area) to watch the games. So far I know that myself, Superdome (who was the original organizer), Skymike, Houston Houdat, Deuuuce, Lee Newell, and Primadox (among others, I'm sure) as well as a slew of Saints fans not on the board have shown up. It's a really good place to watch the game, as they've got the entire 2nd floor tuned to the Saints game so you don't have to worry about those pesky other 20 something teams trying to play at the same time. I encourage anyone in the area that hasn't previously made it out there to come out if at all possible (that is unless you have tickets to the game, in which case I can unapoligetically say: You blow :angryrazz: ).

Hope everyone survived the bye week and looking forward to seeing you guys this Sunday.

:gosaints:

SuperDome

Fan Board Member In Exile
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Antonio...Because of 14ft. of water in Arabi
Thanks mrsandlin. Do you know if Big Woodrow's allows children? I have a 13 y.o. who might like to tag along.
No, they don't that was the original reason we left...they had no problem with the kiddos in 2006 but as time went on it became a problem. I would go to Ragin Cajun on Westheimer...

I'm sorry to hear that since I left town and SkyMike moved to the faaaaaar east burbs we don't gather as the Hou-Dats anymore. To all the folks in Houston who are a part of the Who Dat Nation, what was true in the spring of 2006 when the Hou-Dats were born, is still true today. Find a place that is family friendly, the kids are important to us (BTW I don't have any kids) for the future. ALL of us should go there...we will get better deals. Ragin Canjun has always shown us love, with the main TV's on Saints with sound...even when the Cowgirls and Texans were playing at the same time.

P.S. I thank you for the Sylvester Ritter love. Was a big fan back in the day; making the trek down to da' parish on Thursday nights.

WhoDat2010

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Are we planning to gather for the Seahawks or Atlanta game? If not, what is the funnest bar to watch a Saints game at? Haven't been finding much luck on my own. I see Big/Little Woodrows and Ragin Cajun are mentioned, is one better than the other? Thanks!

andyb33

SR on the reg
Reaction score
I saw that Big Woodrows on Chimney Rock is closed for renovations. Anyone heard anything about it? Will they be open for the start of preseason, or at least week 1?

Ciaftog

Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone in Houston know where tonight's game will be televised in Houston? Thanks for any information....

socbe7

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw that Big Woodrows on Chimney Rock is closed for renovations. Anyone heard anything about it? Will they be open for the start of preseason, or at least week 1?
I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but we went to watch the first preseason game there. They said they would have it but had a bunch of problems and didn't broadcast the first half or so. We missed all the starters obviously. I was so annoyed. I spent more there than the $20 to watch them all at home.

andyb33

SR on the reg
Reaction score
I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but we went to watch the first preseason game there. They said they would have it but had a bunch of problems and didn't broadcast the first half or so. We missed all the starters obviously. I was so annoyed. I spent more there than the $20 to watch them all at home.
Hmm. Never watched a game there. Been there a couple of times just to have a few beers and it seemed like an okay place.

It doesn't look like they'll be reopening for the beginning of the season, if ever. I drive by there a few times every week and haven't seen any work being done. And there's graffiti on the on the front of the building now. It looks abandoned.

Do any of y'all still go to Rajun Cajun's on Westheimer to watch the games?

whodatphil

/sarcasm and tacoes
Reaction score
Geez this thread has a lot of pages. New to the area. Can anyone give a quick rundown of where to go downtown or south houston/pearland to catch the game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom