Houston Saints Fans (1 Viewer)

We're planning on going to Woodrow's. The kids have school on Monday so going home to Lafayette isn't really an option.

We've never been to Woodrow's before but figured this was as good a time as ever. I hope there are tons of Saints fans there!

We may meet you there! Same with us; kids have school and one has a school program Monday night so missing Monday isn't really an option for us.

That would be great! I called Woodrow's yesterday and the woman who answered said they were expecting b/w 500 and 600 people. When I asked if that was Saints fans, she just laughed. Couldn't decide what to garner from that ...

Hi guys...A lot of us will be in Miami or (like me, sunshine5, worm, kasimo, "he who cannot be named", and mrsandlin) New Orleans for the game. I got this e-mail from the GM of Woodrow's and I thought I would pass it on...

Hey Guys!

I’m getting my “DJ” to come in for Super Bowl to run the music for us. Can you send me a list for songs ya’ll would like played that we can download? I’m also getting a zydeco band for the afternoon to give us a little entertainment before my HOU-DATS start rootin on them Saints! We’re getting the place & staff together next week- let me know if there’s anything ya’ll would like for us to do. I’m looking at trying to also get the parking lot across the street so we’ll have extra parking. The parking garage is already taken care of for the game. (I’m also getting a shotblock made- should make for interesting pics!!)

Thanks,
Rob Gilbert
GM - Woodrow's

Is anyone else going to New Orleans? Maybe all the Hou-Dats could all meet up one place...HOU-DAT!

Last edited:
Some pictures from Sunshine5's phone taken at Woodrow's for the NFCCG. The last one is of yours truly,playoff beard and all, playing DJ for all the Hou-Dats! Hope y'all liked it!

Attachments

• Edvinna's phone 008.jpg
    Edvinna's phone 008.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Edvinna's phone 007.jpg
    Edvinna's phone 007.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Edvinna's phone 006.jpg
    Edvinna's phone 006.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Edvinna's phone 005.jpg
    Edvinna's phone 005.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Edvinna's phone 002.jpg
    Edvinna's phone 002.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 3
So is everyone going to woodrows or what? I'm living in Houston now and do not want to watch it at my parents house and have it be alltime buzzblow/lamefest '10. I want to watch it with some true saints fans and be around people that actually care that one of the most important days of their life is taking place.

So is everyone going to woodrows or what? I'm living in Houston now and do not want to watch it at my parents house and have it be alltime buzzblow/lamefest '10. I want to watch it with some true saints fans and be around people that actually care that one of the most important days of their life is taking place.

debating on staying in town or heading to NOLA to watch it with my father. If I stay here, I will be at woodrows. I imagine there will be many Saints fans there... it was such a blast last week for the NFCCG

Hey Superdome where are yall goin to watch the game? Somewhere in the Quarter? Some buddies of mine are going to some sports bar down the road from Cafe Du Monde. Let me know man. Later

The majority of my table at Woodrow's will "effort" to be at The Inn on Bourbonhttp://www.neworleans.com/sports/super-bowl-xliv-2010/super-bowl-xliv-events/320629-forget-miami-the-super-bowl-is-coming-to-the-inn-on-bourbon.html It's only $10 cover and you buy your food and drink. It is right on the corner of Bourbon and Toulouse. Think we'll hit Barkus Sunday morning after St. Louis Cathedral and Beignets at Cafe du Monde.
I spoke to the sales manager at the Inn on Bourbon, we exchanged e-mails and phone numbers just in case...
HOU-DAT!

The majority of my table at Woodrow's will "effort" to be at The Inn on Bourbonhttp://www.neworleans.com/sports/super-bowl-xliv-2010/super-bowl-xliv-events/320629-forget-miami-the-super-bowl-is-coming-to-the-inn-on-bourbon.html It's only $10 cover and you buy your food and drink. It is right on the corner of Bourbon and Toulouse. Think we'll hit Barkus Sunday morning after St. Louis Cathedral and Beignets at Cafe du Monde.
I spoke to the sales manager at the Inn on Bourbon, we exchanged e-mails and phone numbers just in case...
HOU-DAT!

Update...Just got a call from the Inn on Bourbon...they got a cease and desist order from the NFL...They can still open, serve food, but they can't have a "cover charge"...you will be able to order off the menu but the prices will be higher for the Superbowl (like lunch special usually are only M-F; NOT weekends) From the sales manager on my e-mail early this morning:

Hi Ed - The menu items are as follows: Jambalaya; Sausage & Chicken Gumbo; BBQ Pork Sandwich; Hot Dogs; Wings; Fried Oysters; Nacho’s w/guacamole cheese & jalapenos; Potato Salad; Cobb Salad; Fresh Baked Cookies; Zapps Chips. Each item is ordered as an individual serving.

Note: Table space is on a first come/first serve basis. They are not taking reservations to pre-reserve.

I am not sure how much the parking rate will be, but I do know that parking is based on availability.

Big Woodrow's made The Wall Street Journal's "Daily Fix" blog today.

Saints Fans Find Second Home in Houston Bar After Katrina
Miguel Bustillo
The Wall Street Journal
February 3, 2010, 1:30 PM ET

The fevered Saints hype leading up to the Super Bowl is being felt far from Louisiana, as the “Who Dat Nation” stretches into cities such as Houston and Atlanta where thousands of expatriates still live following Hurricane Katrina. In Houston, a bar known as Big Woodrow’s, whose logo is a fleur de lis melded with a longhorn, has become a favorite gathering place for former New Orleanians who have chosen to make Texas home but still feel nostalgic longings for the Crescent City.

The bar, which serves up fresh “mudbugs,” or crawfish, along with cold beer, has long been popular with LSU football loyalists. Now it’s drawing new hordes of exuberant Saints fans, some of whom have been imploring the owners to start serving drinks at 6 a.m. on game days. “They’ve taken over,” says Rob Gilbert, the bar’s manager. “They may tear my bar down if they win this thing.” . . .

“Without a doubt, there is a lot of emotion involved, a lot of people who wish they could still be back home when they watch these games,” he said. “The fair-weather fans have come out of the woodwork and the die-hards are whipped up into a frenzy. But I think we’re all probably safer that they’re not back home,” he quipped. “I think they’d burn the French Quarter down."

More at http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2010/02/03/saints-fans-find-second-home-in-houston-bar-after-katrina/

After we win, there needs to be a victory party at Woodrows the following weekend for all of HOU-dats that went to NOLA and Miami!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom