Hoverboard flies 7,388 ft, setting record (1 Viewer)

Denzien

May contain 10% Ethanol
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Watch as a Remarkable Jet-Powered Hoverboard Smashes the World Record

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NOGzIt0T5GU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While the hoverboards of Back to the Future fame (disappointingly) failed to get their predicted 2015 launch, there has been some progress. Companies like Lexus and ArcaSpace have developed inventions that are really close to actual hoverboards. And each day brings us ever closer.

In fact, there is even a Guinness World Record for the farthest hoverboard flight ever, set when Canadian Alexandru Duru flew for 275.9 meters (905 feet). But that record just got shattered. Hard.

Franky Zapata, French jet ski champion, just broke Duru&#8217;s record. Zapata flew his own invention, the Flyboard Air, for an impressive distance of over 2,252 meters (7,388 feet). He achieved his feat off the coast of Sausset-les-Pins in the south of France last April 30.

This is the guy that did a water-propelled hoverboard previously. This one is hose-free. Would be neat to fly to work until there are lots of these flying around.

MrVoodoo

Coach J
Reaction score
Would be neat to fly to work until there are lots of these flying around.
I absolutely agree.. then I have to wonder... if you worked at an Airport or Air Force Base, or anywhere they fly planes/helicopters in and out of if it would be an issue. I'd assume so, I could just see a headline "Man flying hoverboard sucked into jet engine of passing airplane"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom