How “spoiled” had we gotten with such great hands? (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
From Our WR’s to our TE’s to even our RB’s we’ve seen such excellence in catching the ball and during Sharper’s time, our DEFENSES caught the ball better than most WR’s from other teams.

Crawley not only should have caught the ball but allow the momentum carry the Wide Out on out of bounds while he came down with the ball AND made a great return on it! No, we’ve been witness to Marques Colston’s grabbing EVERYTHING CLOSE with a huge wingspan, then Jimmy Graham going up high and coming down with the ball and then some with the amazing execution of Lance Moore’s tenacity going across the field to make the catch and receive the HIT you and he both knew was coming.. Good or bad Lance’s catches to be followed by some violent hits were pretty amazing. Don’t miss the well water until the well water’s dried up and gone.

I know Crawley’s a Rook but let’s get this straight; It’s GAME 2 in the Season and he’s had his guys covered well all game and he’s got a chance at making THE PLAY of THE GAME and he blows it? What a costly lesson I pray he learns NEVER to make that play on the ball unless he’s going up like a man possessed who OWNS that ball himself and it’s time to MAKE A PLAY~! THE PLAY of the entire GAME for The SAINTS!

We had gotten so spoiled with some really fine receivers who Drew could throw open or guys who could catch a Brees pass no matter where in the area it came whirling in.

Lord, I miss everyone of our guys who were so dependable. Perhaps this TEAM will show us some really tight play come Monday Night? Who knows? But one thing I DO KNOW, is “WHODAT~!"

Sadly instability at the Kicker position has cost us two games so far.

Against Oakland, Lutz 50 yarder missed. And he had numerous kickoffs too short and gave oakland a chance to return it beyond the 30 a few times.

Today, low kick blocked return TD. Game

No one commented on the lack of “sure hands” which was what I was writing about and that we were so spoiled (The entire Organization was spoiled from Drew on up and down the team) everyone simply “expected” everyone to catch the ball and make those catches EVERY time~! Thing is, THEY DID IT! Our guys on BOTH SIDES of the ball made all of the catches not just in crunch time but every time.

Now? We have Brandin Cooks and Willie Snead IV who are $ with just about EVERY pass. Coleman needs to find his groove and Fleener needs to put “Stick’um” on his gloves (legal or not) and just CATH THE BALL~! We’d at least have a chance anyway. Our Defense played far well enough to WIN the game yesterday and they need to hold their heads UP for their play and continue to build on what we all saw yesterday.

I remember Colston dropping quite a few and also had a fumbling problem. Not ripping on his. He was awesome, but had his drops too.

Wow. Where to start? Graham sucked with his alligator arms his last 2 seasons. Crowley played well. And anyone that thinks that Lutz' kick was blocked because it was low rather than the fact that we let a defender in the backfield, is delusional! Lol.

Lance Moore had the best hands in last 10 years. He caught the ball with his hands and not with his body young receivers could learn from him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In a ball-control passing offense you have to catch the ball. If you're setting up the run with the pass, you can afford a few drops. Guess which we do.

wait.... wait....

did you say Jimmy Graham had sure hands?

you didn't specifically say that, but it feels like you alluded to the extent that he has sure hands. If not, then yes he would go up and get the ball (with drops on several passes, or tip ups that resulted in interceptions).

Sadly instability at the Kicker position has cost us two games so far.

Against Oakland, Lutz 50 yarder missed. And he had numerous kickoffs too short and gave oakland a chance to return it beyond the 30 a few times.

Today, low kick blocked return TD. Game

cartoon-record-player-wavey-vinyl.gif

From Our WR’s to our TE’s to even our RB’s we’ve seen such excellence in catching the ball and during Sharper’s time, our DEFENSES caught the ball better than most WR’s from other teams.

Crawley not only should have caught the ball but allow the momentum carry the Wide Out on out of bounds while he came down with the ball AND made a great return on it! No, we’ve been witness to Marques Colston’s grabbing EVERYTHING CLOSE with a huge wingspan, then Jimmy Graham going up high and coming down with the ball and then some with the amazing execution of Lance Moore’s tenacity going across the field to make the catch and receive the HIT you and he both knew was coming.. Good or bad Lance’s catches to be followed by some violent hits were pretty amazing. Don’t miss the well water until the well water’s dried up and gone.

I know Crawley’s a Rook but let’s get this straight; It’s GAME 2 in the Season and he’s had his guys covered well all game and he’s got a chance at making THE PLAY of THE GAME and he blows it? What a costly lesson I pray he learns NEVER to make that play on the ball unless he’s going up like a man possessed who OWNS that ball himself and it’s time to MAKE A PLAY~! THE PLAY of the entire GAME for The SAINTS!

We had gotten so spoiled with some really fine receivers who Drew could throw open or guys who could catch a Brees pass no matter where in the area it came whirling in.

Lord, I miss everyone of our guys who were so dependable. Perhaps this TEAM will show us some really tight play come Monday Night? Who knows? But one thing I DO KNOW, is “WHODAT~!"

Crawley should never have tried to catch that ball. A veteran DB knocks that ball down. It's one of those things, yes, a pick is tremendous but you can't risk allowing the completion because you're trying to get the INT. The play is for an incomplete to force fourth down. It was very disappointing.

Mr. Devery Henderson couldn't catch a cold when we first picked him up. He worked extremely hard over the years to be a reliable receiver for us. These guys just need to do the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom