How about a QB in 2nd or 3rd round? (1 Viewer)

I think it would be a waste of a draft pick...we got Brees (28) Brunell as his backup and Palko (24) as the understudy....we dont need to use a pick on a QB...we could bring in a UDFA.

exactly, bring in a UDFA to push Palko.

I think it would be a waste of a draft pick...we got Brees (28) Brunell as his backup and Palko (24) as the understudy....we dont need to use a pick on a QB...we could bring in a UDFA.

I agree with Meily. We do not need to groom a QB yet. Ideally Brees is good for another 6-8 years. In this case you would looking at an Aaron Rogers situation. Now if Brees was still having heath concerns than yet grab one, but I think a QB to groom is way too early at this point. I think the Saints are doing the right think by getting stop gap insurance and holding out for a young QB for another few years. JMO.

I think many folks are gonna be surprised with how Tyler Palko develops.

Quite a few have already written him off based on what they saw in a few iffy preseason plays while disregarding the good plays he made and his very impressive pedigree.

BTJMT

I agree with this statement completely. I fully expect Palko to be the #2 at some point next season. I think Brunell was brought in to be a competent backup but also to serve as a mentor for Palko as their styles were very similar at a young age. Brunell is long in the tooth but once was the athletic mobile lefty that Palko aspires to be. :9:

I'm looking forward to seeing Palko in pre-season. I think Payton's shown what he can do with QB's that are willing and Drew Brees is our starter for the forseeable future, so he has time to really invest in Palko. He may not backup Brees this year, but he might prove himself to be the solid #2 QB going into next season.

I would draft Joe Flacco in the 2nd round if he's available. If not, I would bank on drafting Andre Woodson in the 3rd. Even though we signed Brunnel, I don't see him being a good back up at his age. We need a young strong armed kid to learn from Drew.

His name is Tyler Palko

I don't think that QB is a need in anyway. Unless Tom Brady or Peyton Manning come available then I am not interested. If we draft one it would be at #10 BPA Brian Brohm if we think we can do a draft and trade deal. But thats a big risk and highly unlikely. Of course i didn't think we needed a WR last year in the first round either. So that shows you what I know.

i know your being sarcastic but thats disrespectful to brees, i wouldn't take tom brady, manning or even joe montana in his prime to compete with brees's starting slot

I would draft Joe Flacco in the 2nd round if he's available. If not, I would bank on drafting Andre Woodson in the 3rd. Even though we signed Brunnel, I don't see him being a good back up at his age. We need a young strong armed kid to learn from Drew.

how about taking one with the first pick? we dont have any other holes on the team to fill anyways right? we should address the QB situation immediatley!

worst. thread. ever....

We still need defensive help. Can't afford to use a high pick on a QB at this time. Drew has a lot more years left. would conside taking a project like the kid from Hawaii or Matt Flynn in the 5-6 round.

How many more years do you see Brees running this offense at a high level? Take that year, subtract 2, and draft a QB that year. Until then an experienced backup and a "project" #3 is all we need.

I'm looking forward to seeing Palko in pre-season. I think Payton's shown what he can do with QB's that are willing and Drew Brees is our starter for the forseeable future, so he has time to really invest in Palko. He may not backup Brees this year, but he might prove himself to be the solid #2 QB going into next season.

I'ma piggy back off of that and say Palko is gonna be the next Matt Schaub.......

i know your being sarcastic but thats disrespectful to brees, i wouldn't take tom brady, manning or even joe montana in his prime to compete with brees's starting slot

I know you are being sarcastic about my sarcasm but are you serious about that statement. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are aurguable the best qb's in league history not just of there era but in league history. It is no slight on Brees, who I think is the greatest QB in this franchises history after only 2 seasons,(sorry Archie and Bobby no disrespect intended)that i would take a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in his stead. You are intitled to you opinion but mine is there are 2 and only 2 qb's in the league that i would rather have than Drew at this point and thats them. Brees means alot to the city but do you think the others wouldn't if they had come?

I know you are being sarcastic about my sarcasm but are you serious about that statement. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are aurguable the best qb's in league history not just of there era but in league history. It is no slight on Brees, who I think is the greatest QB in this franchises history after only 2 seasons,(sorry Archie and Bobby no disrespect intended)that i would take a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in his stead. You are intitled to you opinion but mine is there are 2 and only 2 qb's in the league that i would rather have than Drew at this point and thats them. Brees means alot to the city but do you think the others wouldn't if they had come?

yeah im serious, brees does mean alot to this city like you said, and yeah i would've liked Peyton to have been drafted here and i think he would've meant alot to the city, but he wasn't and now we have Brees and he has done alot and i would not get rid of him for peyton or or brady, i just don't care for Brady as a person even though he is one of the best quarterbacks of all time, i just don't think he would've had the same career with the Saints, but i think Brees is one of the best in the league right now, close up there to manning or brady, and i think over the next few seasons people will start to consider him one of the best in the league history also, yeah, wishful thinking, hehe, but i just feel loyal to Brees, i feel like hes the face of the team, i think a fan should be loyal to the players and vice versa, but of course it rarely works like that but I understand where your coming from, no disrespect to you.

I think a QB that everyone over looks is Colt Brennan...

Think about it...

Who better to learn from Brees than a similiar QB both guys are 5'11'' and have very accurate arms...

I would like to take him in the 5th or 6th and take a chance on the guy.....

He has thrown plenty in college, and I think that he is very accurate with the football....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom