How About Being a Team that Features The Running Game (1 Viewer)

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They are probably averaging over 7ypc for the season as a team, but yet they refuse to run the ball consistently. Lets face it, Drew CANNOT win every game by himself, a consistent running WILL win us more game than Drew throwing the ball 30+ times. The road gameplan has been, and continues to be horrendous. There is NO way they should be opening the game slinging the ball around the field. How about slamming the ball down their throat first, and then open it up, huh?

I hated picking Ingram in the draft cause I think it was a wasted pick. I have no doubt that he will be a great RB for Miami when he gets there, but for our team, it was a waste because it is pass first, second and third. We run as window dressing. This past game reminded me so much of the 1st game @ Seattle last year. It's like the coaching staff said "I don't give a crap about what you do well, we gone do what we want NO MATTER WHAT." Well, that ain't cutting it. How about playing situational football. Analyze opponent's strengths and weaknesses and exploit them, that is what coaches are paid for. Also, if the coaches need help, give me a call, I have some insightful advice...when on the road, regardless of who you are playing, shove the ball down their throats early and often. You might be suprised at the results.

Never!!!! Payton traded up for ingram to give him 10 carries a game and that's final!!

It is funny and it is frustrating as a fan, however, it's gotta be more frustrating for him because he knows he can help his team more.

Against teams like Cleveland you really have to, sticking with the pass will get Drew killed and us a Loss

It's like he realized the run would eventually set up the pass but he couldn't wait to get back to passing. He's infatuated with the pass. I guess in his defense, it's worked for years.

It's like he realized the run would eventually set up the pass but he couldn't wait to get back to passing. He's infatuated with the pass. I guess in his defense, it's worked for years.
No, it really hasn't. It may win you some regular season games here and there, but that isn't the goal, the Super Bowl is the goal and that is won by a solid running game and good defense. At this moment, only one of these things is attainable by this team and it is up to the play calling.

Maybe we need more pick sixes to change the way plays are called. I hoped when they let Sproles go, that they would hand the ball off more. Instead, they insist on throwing early and often. 1st and ten inside your own 1yd line...sling it!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom