How About Dem Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think they're getting hot about 15-20 games too early?

That's what I'm thinking (or, hoping at least). I just don't know if they can stay that hot for such a long period of time especially while Yao is out. Regardless, it ends the 19th. :9:

The Rockets are not in the play-offs therefore they are not peaking at the correct time.

Houston & New Orleans basketball

GO ROCKETS! ....and good luck Hornets also!

Yes, this thread belongs. We have people coming here and touting Cubs, Yankees, and Red Sox, and besides, this is rather historical. How much did we talk about the Patriots streak?

20 WINS IN A ROW!!!!!!! 3 teams have done it ever, and 13 of the last 14 were double-digit wins, most total blowouts. They're playing well, and just demolishing the opposion.

I agree w/ Jim, about this proving the team concept of basketball. In fact the whole, superstar individual thing sometimes puts me off a bit. Maybe LeBron really is that good, but I tire of hearing about him. I'm tired of hearing about Kobe. Here's a new name for you: Carl Landry. Probably wont be the top story on ESPN, but this guys is exciting.

The Rockets are doing it with HUSTLE, defense and TEAM play. Watch their entire bench standing and cheering on the players on the court, w/ Motumbu leading the cheers. Even if you're not a fan of them, I dont see how anyone could NOT like these guys. They're quite likeable, especially Dikembe Mutombo, and Tracy McGrady, who I think should do comedy on the side. Outside of that theyre a bunch of young guys you've never heard of, except maybe Shane Battier.

Here are Dikembe's teammates having some fun with him. This is a very popular clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn6xcY752B0

We may likely have something in common: I want to kick the Spurs arse.

GO ROCKETS! ....and good luck Hornets also!

Yes, this thread belongs. We have people coming here and touting Cubs, Yankees, and Red Sox, and besides, this is rather historical. How much did we talk about the Patriots streak?

20 WINS IN A ROW!!!!!!! 3 teams have done it ever, and 13 of the last 14 were double-digit wins, most total blowouts. They're playing well, and just demolishing the opposion.

I agree w/ Jim, about this proving the team concept of basketball. In fact the whole, superstar individual thing sometimes puts me off a bit. Maybe LeBron really is that good, but I tire of hearing about him. I'm tired of hearing about Kobe. Here's a new name for you: Carl Landry. Probably wont be the top story on ESPN, but this guys is exciting.

The Rockets are doing it with HUSTLE, defense and TEAM play. Watch their entire bench standing and cheering on the players on the court, w/ Motumbu leading the cheers. Even if you're not a fan of them, I dont see how anyone could NOT like these guys. They're quite likeable, especially Dikembe Mutombo, and Tracy McGrady, who I think should do comedy on the side. Outside of that theyre a bunch of young guys you've never heard of, except maybe Shane Battier.

Here are Dikembe's teammates having some fun with him. This is a very popular clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn6xcY752B0

We may likely have something in common: I want to kick the Spurs arse.

Agreed we will kick the spurs a#^ .Where do you sit at the home games ? Im in the Jack Daniels Suite with a bunch of drunken people ,but not complaining lol

Rockets Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hornets Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Seriously though, I also think the Rockets are hot way too early. I think the playoffs are when they are going to really miss Yao.

They're quite likeable, especially Dikembe Mutombo, and Tracy McGrady, who I think should do comedy on the side. .

I'll give you Dike for sure, but negative on Tracy, who is a huge crybag and primadonna. Immensly talented but doesn't show very much fire as a leader.

The Rockets have done a pretty decent job surrounding their two Charmin soft superstars with some tough role players - I respect Battier who is a great team player (Bruce Bowen-esque minus the cheap shot artistry) and Scola has done a good job, as well as the afforementioned Landry. However, Rafer Alston is all the reason I need to hope this team goes down in flames. A journeyman streetballer who thinks he's good enough to talk trash like Gary Payton? Please.

This belongs on the Rockets board.

I don't remember these types of comments when LC would spew his usual Spurs-are-the-greatest-ever rhetoric. Let him enjoy his nice little run. They won't make it out of the 1st round this year, as usual.

Agreed we will kick the spurs a#^ .Where do you sit at the home games ? Im in the Jack Daniels Suite with a bunch of drunken people ,but not complaining lol
Oh, I dont have season tix, IRay, I just go when I can. Spent all my sports money on the Saints. I'll bet I cant get a seat the rest of the season. Jack Daniels Suite sounds like my kind of place! Maybe we should get the Hou-Dats together at Woodrows for a road game next week. You should come.
Rockets Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hornets Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Seriously though, I also think the Rockets are hot way too early. I think the playoffs are when they are going to really miss Yao.
I dont know, Wyrm, I was thinking sort of the same thing a week or so ago, but they keep just crushing teams. We'll find out Sunday, I guess vs. the Lakers, and then of course, another battle with the Hornets Wed. I'm glad we have this rivalry going.
I don't remember these types of comments when LC would spew his usual Spurs-are-the-greatest-ever rhetoric.
Thank you.
Let him enjoy his nice little run. They won't make it out of the 1st round this year, as usual.
Oooooh! bulletin board material! Now its on!
So who you rooting for, GBOUDX?
I'll give you Dike for sure, but negative on Tracy, who is a huge crybag and primadonna. Immensly talented but doesn't show very much fire as a leader.

The Rockets have done a pretty decent job surrounding their two Charmin soft superstars with some tough role players - I respect Battier who is a great team player (Bruce Bowen-esque minus the cheap shot artistry) and Scola has done a good job, as well as the afforementioned Landry. However, Rafer Alston is all the reason I need to hope this team goes down in flames. A journeyman streetballer who thinks he's good enough to talk trash like Gary Payton? Please.
"Charmin soft superstars" hahahaha.... thats funny, I dont care who you are....

I dont know, I hope Tracy goes on a big romp one night, and then points out Chronicle Columnist Richard Justice on the floor, ala Reggie Miller yelling @ Spike Lee back in the 90s. Even though I disagree w/ you somewhat, I didnt know you were up on basketball too--- dang! I'll admit, I'm not that knowledgable on B-Ball. Not that I dont like it, I'm just so crazy busy. So who's your team?

How's Sara?

Last edited:
>>Yes, this thread belongs.

It may technically belong but it's going to get railroaded. We're < 20 games from the playoffs, and all competitors are the enemy. The Rockets and their fans = +/- Summer's Eve+bags. :17:

>>How's Sara?

:hearts: jlam & skymike. Houston boyz lolmogz

:17:

TPS

Oh, I dont have season tix, IRay, I just go when I can. Spent all my sports money on the Saints. I'll bet I cant get a seat the rest of the season. Jack Daniels Suite sounds like my kind of place! Maybe we should get the Hou-Dats together at Woodrows for a road game next week. You should come.

Man the last time i was there the folks were rude . Thats one of my accounts and i like the waitstaff. I have a coworker in New Orleans that works for SOCO that hooks me up. I just watch at home where i can enjoy the games with my girlfriend .

Yo Skymike i gig every thursday at Shakespears Pub @ Kirkwood and Memorial. Our new piano player is from Nawlins you should come out and check out the blues. One beer on me LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom