How about DJ Hall? (2 Viewers)

A poor man's Bowe? They're actually not very similar at all. Bowe is big and strong, Hall is much smaller and quicker.
They've played very similar ball from what i've seen. Weight is the only difference. Hall plays more physical that he actually is.

Please don't draft Hall. DJ Hall = Josh Reed.

I find it absolutely amazing that a person cannot talk about any college football player on saintsreport.com without LSU somehow being brought into the conversation. I mean can anyone play football without it having something to do with LSU? Aside from a select few there is almost nobody here that can carry on a conversation about anything having to do with college football unless it somehow involves LSU. Even the comment about a poor man's Dwayne Bowe. Dwayne Bowe plays nothing like DJ Hall. I know they are a great program but jeez

Last edited:
I find it absolutely amazing that a person cannot talk about any college football player on saintsreport.com without LSU somehow being brought into the conversation. I mean can anyone play football without it having something to do with LSU? I know they are a great program but jeez

Because if DJ Hall was compared to a 3rd WR from San Jose St. no one would know who it is. New Orleans is SEC and LSU country. Why does it matter, anyway?

Because if DJ Hall was compared to a 3rd WR from San Jose St. no one would know who it is. New Orleans is SEC and LSU country. Why does it matter, anyway?

It matters because if it were up to everyone here then every NFL team would have 52 LSU players.

It matters because if it were up to everyone here then every NFL team would have 52 LSU players.

So? They're fans of a college team 90 minutes from their pro team. Let's not forget LSU has usually been a better team than the Saints so (right or wrong) what's wrong thinking their players can make the Saints better? There have been and are some good LSU players in the NFL and many Saints draft picks who were bad. Fact is, just because people want it it won't happen so why get bent out of shape about it?

I find it absolutely amazing that a person cannot talk about any college football player on saintsreport.com without LSU somehow being brought into the conversation. I mean can anyone play football without it having something to do with LSU?

Weren't you the one bringing up Doucet? He plays for LSU, right?

Anyway, as noted above, you can't compare Doucet and Hall as Early had to wait to be the #1 WR and then suffered an injury the same year. I like Hall and think he's a good NFL prospect. From what I've read so far, it seems the NFL thinks Doucet is a better one.

Lets see what both do at the combine. Hall may elevate his stock dramatically.

Before I get jumpd on for this statement let me recant a little. Doucet did have a pretty good JR year, 59 catches, 772 Yds and 8tds but lets get real, Hall has been way more productive. Less td's by a little but back to back 1000 yd seasons and averaging over 16 yds per catch. No contest from where I sit, especially playing in a much less productive offense like Alabama's.

Doucet also produced that many yards, his junior year, with Bowe & Davis as the starting WR's. I would say that's rather impressive.

I find it absolutely amazing that a person cannot talk about any college football player on saintsreport.com without LSU somehow being brought into the conversation. I mean can anyone play football without it having something to do with LSU? Aside from a select few there is almost nobody here that can carry on a conversation about anything having to do with college football unless it somehow involves LSU. Even the comment about a poor man's Dwayne Bowe. Dwayne Bowe plays nothing like DJ Hall. I know they are a great program but jeez
:mad: whats with all the Bama love on this board?! I mean I can't read a single draft thread without someone bringing up DJ Hall or John Parker Wilson or any other Crimson Tide player! If it was up to some fans we'd have 52 players from Alabama on the team! :mad:

Last time I checked this was a Saints board...

and the Saints draft players from college...

and most fans here that follow college football identify themselves with LSU...

Oh wait, its a silly argument. And you're the one that brought up Early Doucet. Don't poke a hornets nest with a stick and not expect to rouse a few people up.

Coming from an Alabama fan, DJ Hall has all the tools to be a great reciever, he holds just about every recieving record at Alabama. The only problem with him is he has a tendency to give up on routes.

Let me just make sure I'm understanding this correctly. You started a thread about a receiver from your favorite school, then berate guys who post something about their favorite school after you already mentioned LSU?

Jerry Rice ran 4.7 in the combines......it's not always the numbers
Reggie ran 4.33............

Multiple personalities?

This is coming from an Alabama fan. I would not draft him he had some attitude problems in Tuscaloosa that got him suspended for the first half of the ULM game. We do not need an attitude problem here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom