How about DJ Hall? (1 Viewer)

bud712

All-Pro
Reaction score
How high is he projected to go? He had a much more productive career and senior season than Early Doucet and was money every time the ball was thrown to him. Is he projected 2nd-3rd round? Anyone have any idea? If Patten, Henderson and Copper are all gone may not be a bad idea in the 3rd round if he's still there.

IMO, he is worthy of a 1st round pick, just not ours. I would like him in the third though, but know way he will be there.

You can't compare him to Doucet since he missed almost have of the season with an injury. That being said I think he'll be a mid 2nd round pick.

You can't compare him to Doucet since he missed almost have of the season with an injury. That being said I think he'll be a mid 2nd round pick.

That's kind of my whole point with the Doucet comparison. He's been hyped and hyped but there's always a reason why he doesn't produce. Who's to say it won't be more of the same in the NFL? Hall has always been a prodcuer and IMO will continue to be at the next level. If he's there in the 3rd we should jump all over that. It would partially make up for what has so far been a disappointing 1st rd pick last year.

That's kind of my whole point with the Doucet comparison. He's been hyped and hyped but there's always a reason why he doesn't produce. Who's to say it won't be more of the same in the NFL? Hall has always been a prodcuer and IMO will continue to be at the next level. If he's there in the 3rd we should jump all over that. It would partially make up for what has so far been a disappointing 1st rd pick last year.

Before I get jumpd on for this statement let me recant a little. Doucet did have a pretty good JR year, 59 catches, 772 Yds and 8tds but lets get real, Hall has been way more productive. Less td's by a little but back to back 1000 yd seasons and averaging over 16 yds per catch. No contest from where I sit, especially playing in a much less productive offense like Alabama's.

i have always liked watching dj hall he is their main guy, imo he is very under rated

How fast is Hall? I know he catches everything but I never saw him run by anybody... then again the only Bama game I saw was the LSU game... :shrug:

He looks like 4.5 guy

How fast is Hall? I know he catches everything but I never saw him run by anybody... then again the only Bama game I saw was the LSU game... :shrug:

He looks like 4.5 guy

I think 4.5 would probably be about right. He's more of a possession guy with great hands, good leaper, good route-running and good body control. Speed is not his forte.

Before I get jumpd on for this statement let me recant a little. Doucet did have a pretty good JR year, 59 catches, 772 Yds and 8tds but lets get real, Hall has been way more productive. Less td's by a little but back to back 1000 yd seasons and averaging over 16 yds per catch. No contest from where I sit, especially playing in a much less productive offense like Alabama's.

DJ Hall has been Bama's #1 WR since Prothroe got hurt in '05. Doucet was #3 behind Bowe and Davis and still put up good numbers (actually had more TDs and catches than Davis) an Doucet missed 5 games due to a groin injury. To say there's always something that keeps his numbers down is misleading. He had 2 seniors to split catches with and then got hurt. Hall SHOULD have better numbers. In Doucet's 4 years at LSU, I believe the 5 games he missed this year were the only due to injury.

As for stats, Doucet ended '06 with the same number of catches as Ted Ginn, Jr. and 9 fewer yards and more catches and yards than Anthony Gonzalez. LSU has had a better overall offense than Bama, but the passing production is close. LSU passed for only 8 yards more per game than Bama this year, and 40 more per game last year. Not that much more considering LSU was throwing to 3 WRs. Hall has been more productive but got more chances. If Hall had been at LSU last year, I doubt his numbers would've been much better (if at all) than Doucet's behind 2 productive seniors.

DJ has run between a 4.37 and a 4.54. The 4.37 was wind aided somewhat though, but not by much from the conversations I've had. 4.54 can easily be whittled down into the 4.4s with a clean takeoff. He's pretty much a mid 4.4 to high 4.4 guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom