How about Eli Apple? (1 Viewer)

I think outside of being slightly exposed vs a team that has experience playing him (Dallas and even then it wasn't a huge ordeal), he's played incredibly well and will be the best #2 corner we've had in a long long time. Maybe ever.

That's not to say he's awesome. That's just to say he's pretty good and our #2 Cornerback history is absolutely terrible

Jabari Greer was our best #2 corner in 2013. He even has to top 2017 Crawley at this point as well.

The defense has been holding this team together through our offensive slump. They both should be peaking for our Super Bowl run no matter who or where we play. :gosaints:
I'm sorry, but I had trouble reading all of your post.?

Apple has been improving with every game he has played. Let's hope he keeps progressing as the season wears on. I'm hoping Crawley can come back to his 2017 form and be quality depth just for in case something should happen (God Forbid). PJ has also progressed and grown into his slot position.

Eli Apple: Short space quickness, high top speed, not afraid to tackle, can find a football in the air when he doesn't see it thrown... If I'm Aaron Glenn, I'm thinking, "I can work with this."

Jabari Greer was our best #2 corner in 2013. He even has to top 2017 Crawley at this point as well.

Jabari is one of my favorites ever. I guess I forgot he was a #2 at one point. I certainly don't think Apple or Crawley have been better than him yet.

I really don't understand the 2017 Crawley statements. Apple is better than any version of Crawley ever. Full stop.

WOW! I wish we had a few of those guys in their prime on this team on offense and defense. We would be unstoppable. Yeah we were a pretty good team back then.

Agreed. I was on my phone at the time so couldn't elaborate but man...That was a very talented Defense. I guess most of them were past their prime at the time... But on paper, at least, that has to be our best Defense of the Payton era...I think I'll start another thread on it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom