How About Fabian Washington?? (1 Viewer)

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know he's got some Character issue's, but, he is young and better than what we have now.... might be able to get him for a 3rd....... hmmmm

opinions?

per Rotoworld
Fabian Washington-DB-Raiders Mar. 18 - 11:24 am et

The San Francisco Chronicle confirms that the Raiders are actively shopping CB Fabian Washington.

If Washington hadn't lost his confidence and job to Stanford Routt in 2007 and been accused of domestic battery in February, his value would be a lot higher. As is, Oakland shouldn't be asking for more than a third-round pick.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

High school
Fabian Washington attended Bayshore High School in Bradenton, Florida and was a letterman in football, basketball, and track. In football, he was a four-year starter at cornerback, a two-year starter at wide receiver, and a backup quarterback. As a senior, he posted four interceptions, 60 tackles, and fourteen pass deflections. He ran a 4.39 in the 40 yard dash as a senior. As a junior, he posted three interceptions, and twelve pass deflections. In track, he placed third at the Florida State Meet on the 100 meter dash as a junior, and was the District Champion on the 100 meter dash as a senior.

College career
He went on to start for three years at cornerback at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln before leaving early to become a first round NFL Draft selection of the Oakland Raiders (pick 23 in 2005). Fabian was in All-Big 12 selection in each of his three seasons at the University of Nebraska. Fabian recorded 145 career tackles (97 solos) with seven stops for losses of 15 yards, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He also intercepted 11 passes and broke up another 38 in his three-year career, placing him fourth in Nebraska history in both categories. Fabian was known for starting every game at left cornerback for the Huskers as a junior in 2004. Fabian was also named second-team All-Big 12 by the Austin American-Statesman and earned third-team honors from the league's coaches. Fabian recorded three interceptions, gaining 23 yards in returns, and broke up 15 passes. He also recorded 41 tackles (27 solos), including three tackles behind the line for minus-seven yards. Fabian was selected in third-team All-Big 12 by the league's coaches as a sophomore in 2003. He intercepted four passes, which he returned for 14 yards, and batted down 10 others...Registered a career-high 55 tackles (36 solos), had three tackles behind the line for minus-six yards, forced a fumble and recovered another, and recorded two QB pressures. As a freshman, he was selected Freshman All-American second-team and first-team All-Big 12 selection by The Sporting News in 2002. He set a Nebraska freshman record with 13 pass deflections and tied another freshman mark with four interceptions. Fabian intercepted a pass on his first play as a Husker against Arizona State and returned it 29 yards for a touchdown. Finished the year with 49 tackles (34 solos), two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, and one tackle for a two-yard loss. Fabian majored in sociology major.

Pro career
In his first season Fabian Washington played all 16 games and recorded 40 tackles. In his second season with the Raiders, Washington played 14 games, had 43 tackles, 4 interceptions and helped Oakland to 3rd overall defense and 1st in pass defense. While having Randy Moss as a teammate for two years, Fabian Washington picked on him in First Team offense versus First team defense scrimmages. He recorded 11 picks while covering Randy Moss in practice on September 17th, 2006.

He's a player if his head is on right, and he can flat out fly.

I guess I wouldn't mind taking a risk on a guy with character issues if he was young, talented, and had very good production... for a mid round pick.

That said... Washington has not been all that productive. He's been okay (specifically the 2006 season) at times.

All things considered... I might give up a 5th rounder this year for him... but that's about it.

Yeah, I'm not offering anything better than a late round pick now that the Raiders are ready to unload players that...

We have enough small, short, fast cornerbacks. Get us some big, tall, fast ones.:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom