How about let D Allen be the interim HC for 1 year and let Payton have a year off? (1 Viewer)

Why even have a HC? All the coaches and all the starters take a 1 year sabbatical and we'll tank for Young!!!!!!
😒

I know this is something that’s never been done but that don’t mean the saints can’t be the first.

I think it’s pretty clear coach needs/wants a break but at the same time loves his job .

Why not let him take his year off and comeback after a year ?
Even if the Saints were to consider something like this ( and I think it is far out of the ballpark of reality), 2022 is not the year to do it. You would want a stable team with an announce starting QB and most problem areas fixed before considering a drastic move of this nature.

Apparently I did a poor job explaining my OP.

So let me try again .

This is not a give up move . This is not a tank move .

What I’m saying is if Payton needs a year off why not let him take the year off and let D Allen be the head coach for 1 year .

This is great for both Payton and Allen .

Payton gets his year off to recharge and Allen gets to showcase himself for a future permanent HC job .

No the saints won’t tank. They will make every effort to win every game . No it won’t be a throw away season .

It will just give Payton a chance to get away from it all for one season then he can comeback after his year off and still have his staff in place and move on to the next phase of his career refreshed .

Well they can pucker up and kiss my arse. The only real success they’ve had was under Jimmy Johnson or because of him. The only time I ever liked about that team ended when Tom Landry walked out the door. I’ll always be thankful to CSP for getting us our first super bowl win. If he leaves and goes to Dallas I don’t think I could ever get that taste out of my mouth.
Back in the Archie Manning days, Dallas was my 2nd favorite team. Mainly because the Saints never made it to the playoffs. When Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry, I lost interest in Dallas.

Apparently I did a poor job explaining my OP.

So let me try again .

This is not a give up move . This is not a tank move .

What I’m saying is if Payton needs a year off why not let him take the year off and let D Allen be the head coach for 1 year .

This is great for both Payton and Allen .

Payton gets his year off to recharge and Allen gets to showcase himself for a future permanent HC job .

No the saints won’t tank. They will make every effort to win every game . No it won’t be a throw away season .

It will just give Payton a chance to get away from it all for one season then he can comeback after his year off and still have his staff in place and move on to the next phase of his career refreshed .
Dennis Allen would take the Bears job vs a potential placeholder with Saints. Additionally, he wont command the room if the door is open for Sean to return in 2023. It's a nice thought, but not how this works.

Back in the Archie Manning days, Dallas was my 2nd favorite team. Mainly because the Saints never made it to the playoffs. When Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry, I lost interest in Dallas.
You and me are on the same page. Tom Landry was a class act and should’ve been moved into the front office or something. Firing him him was a douche move.

Look at this from Allen's perspective---first day of training camp, there's Michael Thomas staring at you: "So you're out after this year, right?"

I know this is something that’s never been done but that don’t mean the saints can’t be the first.

I think it’s pretty clear coach needs/wants a break but at the same time loves his job .

Why not let him take his year off and comeback after a year ?
won't work that way...if he leaves, he leaves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom