How about some good news? (1 Viewer)

Well, tomorrow is my last day until April 14 at this point. That’s subject to extension. My daughter (21) used her first 3 months of amazon paycheck to buy a new cement colored challenger. My sons project at work has been approved by NASA making it available as an off the shelf accepted system and parts.

Posting this here to keep it out of the main thread

LC daddy day care, day 1. Text is my wife, obvi.

text.png

We were blowing leaves off the back patio.

As I've noted before, I coach high school basketball. This season, we went 36-11 - three of those losses came to a team that has on its roster the #1 North America recruit in class of 2023 (Lebron's son, Bronny, is usually the #2).

We finished the provincial [think state] playoffs the week before everything went to crap up here, so perfect timing.

Entering the tournament as the #2 seed overall, we hoped on a good run.

Made it to the Finals, losing to the #1 seed by 6 points. Which sucked, but we ended up with the Silver in the entire province.

Not bad!

In the last 6 years, we've made it to the Provincial Final Four 4 times. Also, not too shabby.

I just love coaching basketball and thought the news good enough to share.

As I've noted before, I coach high school basketball. This season, we went 36-11 - three of those losses came to a team that has on its roster the #1 North America recruit in class of 2023 (Lebron's son, Bronny, is usually the #2).

We finished the provincial [think state] playoffs the week before everything went to crap up here, so perfect timing.

Entering the tournament as the #2 seed overall, we hoped on a good run.

Made it to the Finals, losing to the #1 seed by 6 points. Which sucked, but we ended up with the Silver in the entire province.

Not bad!

In the last 6 years, we've made it to the Provincial Final Four 4 times. Also, not too shabby.

I just love coaching basketball and thought the news good enough to share.
unnamed.jpg

I have some good news today....doesn't really effect anyone else but it's good news anyhow.
Today (with the help of drugs) I was able to get from the bed to the recliner. After sitting with heat on my back awhile it actually didn't feel terrible so I took advantage and took a shower and shaved. Man....I feel like a brand new person. Just from a mental stand point it's been like a breath of fresh air. Still not pushing it though because I don't want to back slide but I'm clean and upright so for right now that's a huge deal and enough for me.

I have some good news today....doesn't really effect anyone else but it's good news anyhow.
Today (with the help of drugs) I was able to get from the bed to the recliner. After sitting with heat on my back awhile it actually didn't feel terrible so I took advantage and took a shower and shaved. Man....I feel like a brand new person. Just from a mental stand point it's been like a breath of fresh air. Still not pushing it though because I don't want to back slide but I'm clean and upright so for right now that's a huge deal and enough for me.
It's nothing short of amazing how just taking a nice, hot shower will make you feel like a completely different person.

It's nothing short of amazing how just taking a nice, hot shower will make you feel like a completely different person.
I remember as a kid my dad would come home from work, eat dinner, and then take a shower. Almost every night when he come out of the bathroom he would say "I feel 5 pounds lighter and 10 years younger". I'm really starting to understand that now haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom