How about some good news? (1 Viewer)

just make sure its a GFCI outlet (I am sure code requires it anyway)
I had already thought of that but even with a GFCI there's going to be a short delay between when the stream hits it and I stop screaming haha

Yes it is.....I keep hoping once American doctors/scientists get moving there will be speedy break throughs made. I know it's cliche but I honestly do think no other country has as much talent or can solve a crisis as quickly as we can. I truly believe that once motivated America gets it done

lots of countries think that about themselves. And I am Glad they do. Because at moments like these, i want every country to have that same arrogance.

I have noticed more people in the neighborhood outside walking. It's not up to trick-or-treat levels, but it's a nice start. People talking to each other, though not really observing the 6' distance suggestion.

Here's a story of some good news (at least some good news for me).

So I follow a lot of card collectors on Instagram. One of them is a guy who does some giveaways. You have to follow him, comment on his giveaway post, then he randomly selects however many people for the giveaway. Then, on the night of the giveaway, you have to watch his livestream. He draws names out of a tumbler (like numbers in a game of bingo) and then you pick your pack. He opens the pack and then sends you the cards from that pack. By the way, he does all of this at no cost to those who enter.

In this giveaway, there were 150 spots and he was opening some brand new Select basketball cards (nice series of cards). I managed to get one. The livestream started at 9 pm. So I'm sitting here watching the stream, seeing all the cool cards being pulled and going to other people. We get probably 2/3rds of the way through the number of packs he's opening and he pulls my name. I'm pumped just to have been pulled. He opens the pack and the second card is an orange die cut Zion Williamson limited to 65 (here's a pic)

Here's the kicker. This card is selling for about $1,000 on eBay. I just about lost my mind.

One of these is not like the others

WTH did disco do?
Sucked. :hihi:

My wife is a teacher and has been home with our children (17 & 7) for over a week and has not yet lost her mind. The yard looks great because the weather has been warm and they've been cleaning up from winter. We've taken family walks and played games. I can run outdoors, and have some dumbells and resistance bands at home, but damn, I miss my morning gym trips as much for the camaraderie as the lifting :hihi:

Spirits at work remain high. I'm an OT/Director of Rehab at skilled nursing facility, and so kind of front line (essential personnel) in this struggle. We'll get through, and perhaps even learn a thing or two.

Last edited:
Bookmarked. I'm about to renovate a half bath. I don't have an electric outlet behind the toilet yet but it's part of the plan. If I put one in I'm going high end.

Same here. This one is out of stock but we’ve been looking at getting a bidet anyways. I can at least run a short extension cord until I get an electrician out here (perhaps in a year.)..

In cities under lockdown, air and water quality are already much improved. My neighborhood backs up to a busy bypass and the traffic presents a near-constant hum. It's quiet now. I took the dog for a walk last night about 8 o'clock and all I heard was the birds chirping.

In cities under lockdown, air and water quality are already much improved. My neighborhood backs up to a busy bypass and the traffic presents a near-constant hum. It's quiet now. I took the dog for a walk last night about 8 o'clock and all I heard was the birds chirping.

Yeah, seems like this should be a BIG wake-up call to everyone. It's past time for this world to change and it looks like our hand is being forced now.

nobody cares about maryland. sigh. nerd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom