How about this idea......(MERGED) Chad Johnson trade ideas (1 Viewer)

If we let W.S. go, then we have to get in the starting all over mode again with a new d-Lineman having to learn the scheme and not really even knowing how he will fit, but i think that he should a get a new contract, remember, he was a first round pick and have given everything he had inside to play and left it all on the field and has never been negative

Will Smith is not our best player. He had a HORRIBLEseason the last two years. He is no elite player by any terms. We can upgrade over smith.

2 years? he made the pro bowl in 06

as bad as I want Ocho, I'd have to say no to this, unless we traded up and snagged Long/Gholston

just a soon trade will smith sounds like he is unhappy with the saints? i think the saints made a mistake giving grant that large contract so now we have to give will more? i think that having to overpaid defensive ends would be a huge mistake. i cant believe he is already sitting out.

Will Smith for Chad Johnson??? I'm just saying...

Ok! Since Will Smith isn't happy and Ocho isn't happy in Cincy how about a trade? Will Smith will be back in Ohio and Ocho will be on a winning team we won't lose any draft picks so we still can focus on defense in the draft.

Will Smith isn't unhappy.

This is a very routine move for players looking for a new deal. He'll get his deal (though I don't think the Saints should do anything with him until next offseason, but oh well) and all will be well. Like Charles Grant last year.

Chad Johnson downright HATES Marvin Lewis, probably others in the front office, the Cincy media, and every fan who turned against him. He's gone on a bridge-burning campaign. Very different situation.

As for the trade, no. Chad's one of the best receivers in the league (and, honestly, one of the best receivers in recent history), but it's simply a need thing. Also, Cincy has no intentions of trading him.

i don't think Ocho Cinco's ego could handle Colston catching more pass/TD's than him.

With Henry cut, I don't see Cincy trading Johnson anytime soon.

Fantasy Football time

Will Smith and our 2nd to the Raiders
our 1st and 3rd to the Patriots

1a. Glenn Dorsey
1b. Sedrick Ellis
2. Traded to Raiders
3. Traded to Pats

anyone who wouldnt trade a overrated DE who disappears in games and is crying because of a contract for a true game breaker would be an idiot.. of this was Jason Taylor, DeMarcus Ware, Dwight Freeney etc. i would have to say no but Will Smith just aint that good.. He may be one of the best players on our defense but that aint saying much...our defense has been horrible that past couple of years..Our stretgh is our offense and the FO should build on that to make us superior. ..ex.Patriots

Just bored but could you imagine Johnson with Coltson, holy crap!

Could you imagine how much time opposing QBs would have to throw if we didn't have Smith? You thought our pass rush was bad last season... :covri: And I don't even think Smith is all that great -- he's just the best we've got!

Fantasy Football time

Will Smith and our 2nd to the Raiders
our 1st and 3rd to the Patriots

1a. Glenn Dorsey
1b. Sedrick Ellis
2. Traded to Raiders
3. Traded to Pats

If only that could happen!! Could you imagine those two beasts playing next to each other!!!.....

I'd do this trade. See if you can get a swap in the first with it. Its just one spot. They need a DE, and for some reason people who don't watch this guy every sunday still think hes a beast.

Plus CJ, Colston, Meach with Deuce and Reggie in the backfeild makes me feel sorry for other defenses.

Grab Ellis at 9, DE at 41, and Molden in the third...FS and TE between 5-7.
I think it could work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom