How Bad did Bridgewater Look and Were there any Positives (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I recorded the game to have a fun day with GF. Someone then told me about Brees and the score so I watched the last couple of series. Teddy looked bad to me. There was no accuracy or touch on his passes.

For those that saw the game, can Bridgewater lead us to a playoff game or was he as bad the rest of the game as the last 2 series?

Thanks much All!

Go back and watch the end of the first half. forked by the refs. Again.

And Bridgewater sucked.

There were positives, but penalties and drops hurt on the few series when he was able to move the ball.

But the biggest problem is there was a vacuum on the field. It's like Daddy Drew was not there, and big brother Teddy was called on to fill in. And had the same level of success an older brother would in that situation.

maybe going into the week as a starter helps, may be customized in the game plan to fit him helps, but it certainly wasn't promising.

I don't think anyone can say at this point. It's up to TB. He's had time to learn the offense, and will (ostensibly) have a week to prep. He had plenty of game time today to get the feel of game speed. No excuses going forward, for him or anyone else on the team.

Maybe it was not having a full week of reps or nerves or whatever but Teddy never seemed to settle in. His passes were wobbly and often high. He seemed to get panicked in the pocket too and didn’t go through his reads very well.

Maybe a week’s worth of first team reps and a game plan installed for him and his abilities will help him out. If Drew is out an extended period of time I’m not sure Teddy will have a long leash.

I was at the game. He looked TURRBL. There was one play where I didn't see any pressure on him and he threw the ball in the dirt, on 3rd down. He threw it so fast, I thought that the refs had blown the play dead from a false start or something. I have heard the knock on him was that he holds the ball too long and seeing it live, he does. He is so unsure of himself that he needs the WR to be wide open before pulling the trigger. I'll tell you that he looked exactly like a backup who expected the starter to play every rep.

Now to be fair, the receivers were not doing him any favors, because they kept dropping balls.

I recorded the game to have a fun day with GF. Someone then told me about Brees and the score so I watched the last couple of series. Teddy looked bad to me. There was no accuracy or touch on his passes.

For those that saw the game, can Bridgewater lead us to a playoff game or was he as bad the rest of the game as the last 2 series?

Thanks much All!

Bridgewater looked exactly like he did all preseason...bad.

Positives? Brees only hurt his thumb and isn’t dead.

Beyond that, no.

Latimore is worse in his third year than he was as a rookie.

Team can’t tackle.

Two of the top four WRs are out.

Peat is out.

Not much to be happy about. This could be a 5-11 season real quick if hill isn’t great

I'm scratching my head because I can't think of one thing positive.

The only thing might be that the defense had a solid first half and Davenport got to Goff a few times and generally lived in the Rams backfield most of the game.

Jordan had a decent game. Secondary too inconsistent

The rest of the team, can't really think of anything. Teddy was a deer in the headlights. He didn't get much protection though.

It's the same problem he had in the preseason. I didn't see much of a difference today. He doesn't throw people open and needs huge windows. His arm strength is good and he's fairly mobile but he's slow to diagnose and isn't very accurate while leading receivers on crossing type routes. He's much better at hitting players on curls/comebacks/posts. As long as he's seeing man type looks he's pretty terrible. He's built for a vertical offense where receivers get separation. He's not a west coast QB. If the Drew/Peyton combo is really the smartest offensive mind in the NFL, then they need to design a RPO playbook for Taysom to employ and start him next week.

I wonder if the reason Bridgewater looked so bad is because all of our WR routes were intermediate to short. I didn't see any passes he threw more than 10-15 yards down the field, which I would assume was our gameplan for Brees. Teddy has an arm, and I bet we see something different next week, assuming Drew is still out.

His happy feet drove me nuts though. That's a recipe for getting sacked.

It wasn’t a good performance from Teddy or Cook. Course the game really fell apart after the refs screwed Cam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom