How bad is a root canal? (1 Viewer)

It's not that bad, most of the sensation depends on how you are with novacaine. It took me about 4 shots (im resistant) but aftewards it just felt like he was pulling out cotton stuffing. Really the shots hurt worse than the pull..it just freaks you out if you dont know what to expect.

I got mine done after a barfight that split one of my teeth, unimaginable pain there.. but the procedure wont be bad at all after the shots.

I am leaving shortly for a 2:30 appointment....I hope you guys are right.

Not only was it unpainful, it was like a trip to a spa. No pain, no anxiety.
I grew up believing it was the equivilent to a civl war amputation. I never even knew they were there.

get the crown done asap. I screwed around with the temporary thing that looks like plaster, bit into a granola bar and crack! ----it didnt hurt a bit, because I had a root canal, but it was bothersome walking around that weekend w/ a split tooth. Then I had to get a bridge.

My dentist gets me high. And she's a lady, which makes dentistry more fun. I agree with listening to Pink Floyd while youre in the chair. What they really need is a planetarium ceiling.... youre all buzzing.... the music come in.... "Us .. us... us ... us....us... us..... and them ... them... them ... them....."

Last edited:
Not only was it unpainful, it was like a trip to a spa. No pain, no anxiety.
I grew up believing it was the equivilent to a civl war amputation. I never even knew they were there.

I told you so. Maybe next time you'll listen to me. :angryrazz:

Root canal = the greatest medical invention in the history of the world. Seriously.

If you are in need of a root canal, you are already in the worst pain known to mankind. A toothache that needs a root canal is basically the equivalent of finding the most sensitive nerve deep in the most sensitive place on your body and jabbing it repeatedly with an ice pick.

The root canal is the savior that makes the pain go away.

My dentist gets me high. And she's a lady, which makes dentistry more fun. I agree with listening to Pink Floyd while youre in the chair. What they really need is a planetarium ceiling.... youre all buzzing.... the music come in.... "Us .. us... us ... us....us... us..... and them ... them... them ... them....."

Attachments

• oz.bmp
    213.9 KB · Views: 2
Something went wrong between the here and there. Covid knocked me into hemolytic anemia & the steroids caused me to infarct bone in my jaws. 9 fillings, 6 crowns, 4 wisdom teeth snatched out.
Wowsie that hurt!!!

Something went wrong between the here and there. Covid knocked me into hemolytic anemia & the steroids caused me to infarct bone in my jaws. 9 fillings, 6 crowns, 4 wisdom teeth snatched out.
Wowsie that hurt!!!

Oh no! I've heard of this happening. My friend had a filling come out as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom