How bad is a root canal? (1 Viewer)

SLAPNUTS

All-Pro
Reaction score
Is it painful? No big deal? Like a massage? Worse than torture?
Help me, I am due tomorrow.

Root canal = the greatest medical invention in the history of the world. Seriously.

If you are in need of a root canal, you are already in the worst pain known to mankind. A toothache that needs a root canal is basically the equivalent of finding the most sensitive nerve deep in the most sensitive place on your body and jabbing it repeatedly with an ice pick.

The root canal is the savior that makes the pain go away.

Root canals are really no big deal. With novacaine you hardly feel anything. I even fell asleep once during a root canal. It takes about an hour and your done.

Oh, did I mention when the novacaine wears off?

it didnt hurt before during or after, because i have a high tolerance for pain. he told me that the nerve had died, since i had left it that way so long. two roots later im fixed and its great...

As long as you ask for the gas it's not bad at all. In fact, the gas is my favorite part about going to the dentist now. I even ask for it to get my teeth cleaned.
:hippy:

they used an device that sends an electric shock, they put it on the dead tooth, if you feel no pain, then no pain killer needed.

i doubted it so he turned it as low as possible and hit the tooth next to the dead one, i alomst sprung out of the chair, he said the dead tooth was hit with the thing turned all the way up and i didnt feel it

don't do this to yourself. Just go in there and get it done. Listening to war stories won't change the fact you have to get it done.

Gas is the way to go IMHO. I'd further recommend some headphones and early era Pink Floyd. :17:

>>Root canals are really no big deal. With novacaine you hardly feel anything.

That assumes you haven't had so many shots of novacaine or xylocaine that they don't work for you anymore. I had 17 teeth pulled (baby and permanent) because I have a small jaw and needed the extractions for my braces and to keep my teeth straight afterward. So I've probably had soemwhere in the neighborhood of 80 or 90 shots in my mouth. Novacaine doesn't even give me a numbing sensation anymore.

TPS

i have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Then i run up mountains with angry badgers on my back!

:)

i've never had one but i suspect my father has them all the time. His dental activities are very hush-hush, i suspect he is ashamed of them for some reason.

i know my uncle has them, and he's still alive. Then again, he was a high school science teacher for a long time, so root canal probably feels like vacation day for him.

there is no mouth related pain worse than an abscessed tooth.....i would take 50 root canals over that any day.......

there is no mouth related pain worse than an abscessed tooth.....i would take 50 root canals over that any day.......

can't that actually kill you if you don't get it taken care of? Or am I thinking of something else?

>>there is no mouth related pain worse than an abscessed tooth

Maybe someone still has the photo of LC with his face double sized? :shrug:

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom